• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I think the pace of Spanish football will play to Traore's strengths. His dynamism could give him more time on the ball to consider his end product than he has in the faster and more intense English game.
I find this comparison stereotypically lazy.

Spanish players aren't slow and Traore never runs for more than 10s at a time. If anything his lack of end product is going to hurt Barca unless the plan is to hit crosses at De Jong.

I will be sad to see Traore go, he's excited me like no other Wolves player, yes he can be frustrating but he's a genuinely special talents that no one can really match. Put a few more assists and goals in the mix and I would want us moving heaven and earth to keep him.

As it is I think it may be time for him to move on, I for one wish him well at Barca (something I couldn't do at spurs) and really hope he kicks on and does well. He's a nice bloke from all accounts and has been professional in all of this with the club.

I find this comparison stereotypically lazy.

Spanish players aren't slow and Traore never runs for more than 10s at a time. If anything his lack of end product is going to hurt Barca unless the plan is to hit crosses at De Jong.
It's based on what I see. I watch a lot of Spanish football and games are played at a slower pace. The statistics back that up. It also doesn't help that the Spanish league is poorer than it's been for a generation. Also see: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...ish-football-is-enduring-a-transitional-phase

I don't get this from our point of view unless another player comes in from Barcelona. Why do we owe them a favour?

We would be a player lighter with no guarantee of a transfer fee.
I'm wondering if something is lost in translation in the Romano tweet. Maybe the negotiation is that Wolves want the buy clause to be mandatory and Barcelona don't? Otherwise, you're right, apart from taking him off our wages for half a season, it's not a massively beneficial move for us.

I go back to what I said, the players aren’t slow and Adama doesn’t have a high work rate.

That's absolutely fine. We can both have different takes on the same thing.

Just as an FYI: Nobody mentioned Adama's work rate. I said he was dynamic - and he is. In that league, he will be devastating on the counter.

I do think that in Spain you see fewer tackles go in because fouls tend to get blown lighter over there, so theoretically I could see that benefitting Adama.

But, I mean, come on. Adama Traore? Playing in Xavi Hernandez's system? Not a hope that works out.

I'm wondering if something is lost in translation in the Romano tweet. Maybe the negotiation is that Wolves want the buy clause to be mandatory and Barcelona don't? Otherwise, you're right, apart from taking him off our wages for half a season, it's not a massively beneficial move for us.
Depends how much we like Trincao. Getting him for free effectively.

I suppose the ideal scenario here (and this is probably what they're working towards), is the fee for Adama will be identical to the fee we're paying for Trincao. Effectively making it a player swap, but we get Adama's wages off the books for the remainder of the season. That's why it simply has to be an obligation to buy, rather than an option.

Still leaves us a player light. I know Neto is coming back soon, but he'll take time to get up to 100%. I'd love us to just go out and secure someone like Renato Sanches.

Good move all round for me.

Traore, while exiting, has been bang average at best for us but there was always the possibility that a move to Spurs could cost us down the line. With Barca it only becomes an issue in the latter stages of the CL ;)
We possibly get to see the best of Trincao some time down the line, rather than watching him potentially flourish from afar. If Traore does, we can put it down to him not being suitable for the PL.
It doesn't or shouldn't overly affect our budget [now] and is FFP beneficial (I think) in the future.
Jorge gets paid at least twice and maybe, just maybe we're back in favour and are eating at his top table or very near to it again. This could facilitate another signing or loan move if we're allowed depending on the structure of all these deals.
We get a player on a long contract with a residual value, rather than one who's value diminishes rapidly at the end of August.

P.S. It surely has to be an obligation and not an option - for a whole host of reasons.

If we rate Trincao more highly than Adama then it’s a good deal. Had we taken the £22m from Spurs we still have to find the money to take Trincao.

Like I did say, I would hope we are negotiating something for Puig as well.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the press reports of an option.

The club isn't stupid. If every man and his dog on here can identify why a conventional option doesn't work, so can the club. There will be loads of intricacies that we simply don't know about yet.

Had we taken the £22m from Spurs we still have to find the money to take Trincao.
Remind me how much we've agreed as a fee for Trincao? He has potential, but anything over £25m feels like it would be Silva all over again.

The club isn't stupid. If every man and his dog on here can identify why a conventional option doesn't work, so can the club.

Maybe Jeff didn't realise and now that he's seen it in this thread, he'll change his negotiating stance?

I jest, but it's like those asinine threads over on the mix where they were convinced that the Wolves board spent hours reading every thread and sacked Nuno as a result of an angry northnorfolkwolf post.

Back