• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I will be sad to see Traore go, he's excited me like no other Wolves player, yes he can be frustrating but he's a genuinely special talents that no one can really match. Put a few more assists and goals in the mix and I would want us moving heaven and earth to keep him.

As it is I think it may be time for him to move on, I for one wish him well at Barca (something I couldn't do at spurs) and really hope he kicks on and does well. He's a nice bloke from all accounts and has been professional in all of this with the club.
If he had goals and assists in his locker, he’d never have been a Wolves player in the first place.

What has he reported there that you believe didn't happen?

Who's to say? He made out like Tottenham were in relentless pursuit yet here we are a week later with Traore still at Wolves.

Now he's playing the Barca bagpipes, who's to say Traore isn't still sat in the same place in another weeks time?

Some football fans would believe the earth was flat is Fabrizio fucking Romano said it was so.

Adama medical at Barca lined up for tomorrow according to Spiers/Ornstein.

It's been emotional.
Not over yet if they have a tick box for "Arms firmly attached to body".

Who's to say? He made out like Tottenham were in relentless pursuit yet here we are a week later with Traore still at Wolves.

Now he's playing the Barca bagpipes, who's to say Traore isn't still sat in the same place in another weeks time?

Some football fans would believe the earth was flat is Fabrizio fucking Romano said it was so.
He’s the most trusted journalist out there and Spurs were clearly trying to sign him, which he reported. This is a strange hill you’ve chosen to die on.

If only Levy wasn't such a tight arse...

Preferable he doesn't go to strengthen a rival.

Don't think any manager will quite unlock that potential to a truly consistent degree, but always had a soft spot for the lad.

And for all the justified criticism of his output, we shouldn't forget his 19/20 stats, he can hold his head high for that, at least

Preferable he doesn't go to strengthen a rival.

Don't think any manager will quite unlock that potential to a truly consistent degree, but always had a soft spot for the lad.

And for all the justified criticism of his output, we shouldn't forget his 19/20 stats, he can hold his head high for that, at least
The frustrating point with Adama is that when he did all the things we Said he needed to do (movement, playing nearer to the striker, composure) he had that purple patch. Shame but we get decent value with how long he has left

Fab till saying option to buy on his here we go tweet

Regardless of your thoughts on Adama, weakening your squad when things are going well, isn't the way to progress. If a signing comes in before Monday who is genuinely a first team option then it is understandable, otherwise its a backward step.
In fairness, I think the bolded bit isn't something there is much consensus on.

The frustrating point with Adama is that when he did all the things we Said he needed to do (movement, playing nearer to the striker, composure) he had that purple patch. Shame but we get decent value with how long he has left
After the first three games of the season I was perfectly willing to eat a massive slice of humble pie (not as much as the Coady humble pie, but you know) unfortunately he reverted back to type and reinforced the status as the most infuriating and frustrating player ever to grace a shirt, such a waste of a talent he could have and should have been a world beater

Hope Traore going means someone lined up by Monday and we are not pinning his replacement on a player who hasn't played for nearly a year. Huge gamble if thats the case (even though I am 99.9% sure this is the plan)

Not having Traore will generally be a plus - great option off the bench but doesn’t have the nous to offset the way he detrimentally affects the balance of the starting XI.

Totally fine with Adama going on those terms although I don't see it tieing into the Trincao deal the way others do. As I said before, it'll be Trincao's wages that'll be the issue, especially if you consider what we apparently weren't willing to offer Adama.

I think he’d started to show glimpses of real promise off the bench in the last few weeks, so to send him on loan - and therefore taking that particular sub option away from Bruno - without no obligation for Barca to make him permanent (unless we’ve shaken hands on a gentleman’s agreement that they’ll sign him regardless and we’ll take Trincao), then it doesn’t make much sense to me.

Hopefully, as others have said, this means we can get someone over the line before the window closes. Sanches please.

Back