• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I suspect it's a loan and then swap deal* with Trincao in the summer. * Or not if either party doesn't wish to proceed.

Flipping it away from the club side of the deal - Potentially the only club Adama would down tools if we refused to let him go? So that side of things to consider maybe.

No way is Adama the type to down tools. Pretty much every manager he's worked with talks about him being both lovely and professional.

I can't believe we'd loan somebody out though, we've got the smallest squad in the league ffs
Down tools is probably the wrong term but more a grumpy fuck Adama. Easy for head to get down and think fuck this shit when being booted in the air by a Watford defender.

If we are loaning like suggested I hope the loan fee is hefty and of course we actually sign someone rather than "Well Neto is back so all good"

I think people are wrong about Trincao. He could become a very good player for us, if not one with massive goal/assist output. He's probably the most intricate player with the ball at his feet we have apart from maybe Podence.

I think Trincao will be a very good player tbf, but he's only shown glimpses so far so I understand people not being prepared for us to pay £25m for him. If we get Trincao + £10m for Traore I'd just about be okay with it tbh (with the usual caveat that it doesn't affect other business).

Is our trincao option pounds or euros?

Is a good point. I think pounds. What is 35m euros these days :D

I think people are wrong about Trincao. He could become a very good player for us, if not one with massive goal/assist output. He's probably the most intricate player with the ball at his feet we have apart from maybe Podence.
He's as naturally talented as anybody we have at the club and he finds pockets of space that nobody else can at this stage, but jeez, the end product isn't good enough. If he was a serviceable option on the left, or as a #10 it would make more sense, but he doesn't seem to be able to play anywhere but in that tucked in from the right position. He's possibly one that will take at least 12 months to adapt, but I see him as someone who will excel for a Sevilla type club on the continent.

Take him. Two years time we can probably flip him to Sevilla for a profit. While Barcelona are on the phone I would hope we were at least asking them about Puig, just to help them out with their wage bill constraints.

Back