• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

They can't recall him and from my limited knowledge of deals with an option, everything including the contract is agreed and when the option is taken everything is finalised, therefore Barca are at the will of wolves re Trincao.

Also, someone asked who'd seen Botman play. I've seen a few games and he's not really that impressive to me at least, I'd be vary wary of him in a 2 with any of our other options.

Isn't the only reason Trincao was allowed to leave in the first place was because of Barca's wage issues? As in, the sort of thing that would make it difficult for Barca to do a 180 and decide to keep him after all?
Messi off the books would make a big hole in the wage bill. They sorted it out in the summer I think.

He's not a centre midfielder in the shape of Moutinho and Neves though, he plays in front of them like Podence does. So those two would still have to play behind him anyway.
I think he more capable of playing in a ‘midfield’ role than Podence.
That midfield role might be an attacking one in a three but nonetheless.
As I say, I’m not particularly a fan but we can’t expect to get through with Neves, Joao and Donk - especially as it appears Donk’s form/standing isn’t returning anytime soon.
However I hope it’s all irrelevant with the two new midfield additions in January, unveiled on the same day as two, career four at the back, World Cup winning centre halves (Ron Flowers not being one)

I can see a scenario whereby those in charge of the purse strings won't do much at all in the January window. It isn't the right time to buy and if we are sitting comfortably in mid-table they might not see the need.

I can see a scenario whereby those in charge of the purse strings won't do much at all in the January window. It isn't the right time to buy and if we are sitting comfortably in mid-table they might not see the need.
It depends if they want to go for Europe or not, if we're only a handful of points from 7th you'd think the club would push to get there.

We did buy Podence in the January window so it can be decent.

If we're half a dozen points or more from 7th and 10 points from 18th I think we'll stay as we are.

I agree Johnny.

Looking at our next 9 games, I'd settle for a return of 10 points given the clubs we are playing. That would leave us around mid table and in the range that the powers that be might not bother investing this season.

I agree Johnny.

Looking at our next 9 games, I'd settle for a return of 10 points given the clubs we are playing. That would leave us around mid table and in the range that the powers that be might not bother investing this season.
If that happens I fear for Fosuns long term tenure as there are enough people pissed at them at the moment , they dont need any more ammunition. You only have to look on here at the general feeling from STH about the current charges and direction. If they dont at least fill some of the obvious berths in defence and midfield it will be a really poor show. They chose not to pay in August. They just have to now to even hope of justifying the charge increases.

If that happens I fear for Fosuns long term tenure as there are enough people pissed at them at the moment , they dont need any more ammunition. You only have to look on here at the general feeling from STH about the current charges and direction. If they dont at least fill some of the obvious berths in defence and midfield it will be a really poor show. They chose not to pay in August. They just have to now to even hope of justifying the charge increases.

I don't think they'll be bothered Cyber with an element of pissed off people. Whatever Vinny will try and tell you, season ticket revenue only pays a small percentage of the bills and as long as they stay in the division the costs will be covered.
At some point that will require a reasonable level of re-investment but they might decide that it isn't required yet.

I don't think they'll be bothered Cyber with an element of pissed off people. Whatever Vinny will try and tell you, season ticket revenue only pays a small percentage of the bills and as long as they stay in the division the costs will be covered.
At some point that will require a reasonable level of re-investment but they might decide that it isn't required yet.
It looks like their strategy of buying at a low cost and selling high will bite them as unless they sell Kilman, Neves and Adama in the summer they'll have no choice to reinvest or we will go down as nobody can stand still for this long.

They can't sell RAN as he hasn't hit his potential (and has a 50% sell on clause) and Neto isn't back from injury yet. Jonny would've been the other but he's broken too. Hoever has a long way to go, none of the youth players are remotely ready or good enough and that's leaving out the elephant in the room.

It looks like their strategy of buying at a low cost and selling high will bite them as unless they sell Kilman, Neves and Adama in the summer they'll have no choice to reinvest or we will go down as nobody can stand still for this long.

They can't sell RAN as he hasn't hit his potential (and has a 50% sell on clause) and Neto isn't back from injury yet. Jonny would've been the other but he's broken too. Hoever has a long way to go, none of the youth players are remotely ready or good enough and that's leaving out the elephant in the room.

Shouldn't even have to put their hand in their pockets, we will have a substantial profit adding in the delayed tv money which was left out of the last accounts. I've not looked but I've seen suggestions of between 30 and 50m in profits which means at least 3 decent players paid over 3/4 years.

Make it happen. Exactly what we need. Interesting that one window later we may be binning off the loan to buy original idea.

FWIW, my Sunderland supporting mate who also follows Lille reckons 25m would be good business for them. Scores some good free kicks and is a CAM, so would suit our needs, but would let him go for the price.

Apologies for the source, but this article has a go at figuring out FFP wiggle room

We'll be higher in that table on the basis that the 2021 figures will include the income from the late ending of the 2020 season and European receipts etc. I'm not sure if Maguire has taken this or our paltry transfer spending in the summers of 2020 and 2021 into consideration.

Could be Man Utd are ready to sell Lingard for 10m pounds in the january window, I would snap their hands off for that price(well according to The Sun at least)

If true I guess West Ham will be in there like a flash

Back