• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Too inconsistent for me, seen him outstanding and equally very poor, but agree in the comparison with Donck.
I suppose the greatest indication is that he’s in and out of the Spurs team too often and often subbed or used off the bench, which tells a story

Ahh ok. Well, I don't take a huge amount from his spell at Spurs.

They often play him out of position and as you say don't ever give him a run of games regardless of if he is outstanding it just seems his face doesn't fit there. Moura had a similar problem with them until recently.

When he was at Betis, he was absolutely phenomenal. Consistently excellent for them over the season including absolutely running the game in a 4-3 win over Barca at the Nou Camp which I saw live. That player walks into our side but whether he is still there after 2 years as a bit part is a gamble.

Dembele has wonderful talent but his wages must be ridiculous and he's always injured. Plus I really doubt it's true :D
£210k p/w apparently. We're not in that ball park but if we bin Adama off and get Dembele and subsidised wages for the length of his contact I'd be happy with that.

Last edited:
Minge and clunge are awful sounding.

Then again I can't think of any genitalia euphemisms that I do like, so maybe I'm just a prude.
May I introduce you to one of the greatest books ever written:

51CHEZO3ArL._SX260_.jpg

Erm, why are gendered swear/ insult words a bad thing? Are we only allowed to use words like cad or bounder? Oh wait they're gendered too

BTW, rating insulting words in a league table is much more interesting than discussing wild transfer rumours!

May I introduce you to one of the greatest books ever written:

51CHEZO3ArL._SX260_.jpg
We need to get that as a present for Alan when he finally graces us with his presence, no one back home will know what he's on about so he can insult people till his hearts content.
His heads gonna explode with our terrible accent, slang, strong beer, Curry, kebabs and chips ( not fries) and general piss taking, he'll have a great time.

I'm fully prepared to have no idea what's going on at any point.

Badiashile is out for 6 x weeks with an injury, so I suspect that puts him out of the running (if indeed we were ever interested).

Badiashile is out for 6 x weeks with an injury, so I suspect that puts him out of the running (if indeed we were ever interested).
Only 6 weeks, he'll be back fit in 3 weeks...

I know he’s barely been fit for a year now really but this would upset me so much. I waited years for a proper centre back (since Lescott, really?) and he was pretty unbelievable for 3 seasons in that sense.

mind you, I won’t be upset as Kenny
That makes no sense - unless we have a replacement lined up . Unless they are keeping Sanderson . Marcal is hardly a good enough back up and we'd prefer not to be using Donk back there .

Anyway - he hasn't been fit for ages - who would take him ?

I do think we'll be trying to actually sign a centre back. We'll have 20m or so from Traore plus we made about 5m profit in the summer, so probably some to spend if Adama does go

There's definitely something odd going on with Boly. His brother was in his box with Jonny on Sunday but he wasn't there himself.

Lots of chatter on social media about Renato Sanches again.

Personally I think that ship has sailed and if we were to have any chance here, it would have been in the last summer window, but it's the hope that kills you. £27m is the fee being touted about.

Bruno has being making cryptic comments for months
Yep, never fully bought into the long Covid line. He had a reputation for being somewhat of a 'free spirit' which I guess Nuno managed, maybe Bruno wasn't prepared to put up with this attitude.

Shame as I really liked Boly, thought he was a great Centre half for us.

Yep, never fully bought into the long Covid line. He had a reputation for being somewhat of a 'free spirit' which I guess Nuno managed, maybe Bruno wasn't prepared to put up with this attitude.

It's quite possible. Now, I'm no athlete, but heading for two years after catching Covid, I'm still not able to put things in and out of the loft without utterly exhausting myself.

Back