• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

You couldn't play our system with someone like Ndombele who is an absolute liability off the ball. He's been passed over by three Spurs managers now - no thanks.

The work ethic of Darren Ferguson crossed with the goal threat of Seyi Olofinjana, and the wages (in relative terms) of Jamie O'Hara.

No thanks.

Dele Alli is good when he wants to be, I think there are big question marks over his character / attitude though

For that reason, I'm ooot
Personally I think he needs to be a big fish in a small pond. I think he would do really well here. Think Lingard at West Ham. There is a world cLass player with a Sunday league attitude just waiting for the right manager and right set up to make him shine.

When Alli was good, he’d be ideal for Bruno’s 442 he played at Benfica. Sadly he’s a shadow of that player st the moment.

He stopped being interested in playing football getting on for 3 years ago now. Poch dropped him, Mourinho, Nuno and Conte all played him soon after they got the job and did the same for a reason. Coming to Wolverhampton is not going to reignite his interest, other things are more important to him

Personally I think he needs to be a big fish in a small pond. I think he would do really well here. Think Lingard at West Ham. There is a world cLass player with a Sunday league attitude just waiting for the right manager and right set up to make him shine.
I've only ever seen Alli play well when he's played as a second striker, we don't play that way.

I see your Jesse lingard and raise you a Ross Barkley.

I wouldn't want anyone similar to Alli in terms of mentality in our group, we've got a really good team spirit - I wouldn't want to jeopardise that for a player who hasn't done it for ages and doesn't suit the way we play.

One of the things I love about us is the harmony in the squad. They all genuinely seem to get on brilliantly. Stick a bellend like Deli Alli in to the mix, good footballer or not, and it upsets the apple cart.

Plus he’s basically the opposite of a Fosun signing.

That’s a hard pass from me on that one. Same for Ndombele.

It’s all moot . The only player at Spurs who may come back here is doc.
Where is Guedes these days ?

Alli is wasting his talent. He doesn’t pass the no dickheads rule either. Don’t worry I am just musing. Traore to Spurs may well happen though

Kilman and RAN will have plenty of suitors this summer I’d imagine, definitely starting to get noticed.

Back