• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Just trying it on isn’t he. No rush for anyone, no game after this weekend until after window.

Conte has had enough of Emerson Royal, we are up for selling, player wants to leave. It will happen as Carrot says on the deadline. Probably for about £20m.

It will happen for £25m like we want. Just a question of how much of that is clauses.

We could squeeze them, but they could easily walk away (he’s not that good, or a WB). We’re not desperate enough to sell low, not sure how desperate they are to pay up. We will see

Would be like me refusing to pick a new company car because I think they might add Ferraris to the list in the summer.

Would be like me refusing to pick a new company car because I think they might add Ferraris to the list in the summer.
A poor analogy - more like if they had told you Ferraris were being added to the list in the summer.

I think that wont be enough and we will just keep him. Barcelona want him in the summer.
The Barca link is made up to drum up interest in Adama and put pressure on Dembele.

He isn’t going there unless on holiday. Too much noise around the Spurs bid for him not to be going there.

A poor analogy - more like if they had told you Ferraris were being added to the list in the summer.
More like the security guard who isn't even employed by the same company has started a rumour they're being added.

More like the security guard who isn't even employed by the same company has started a rumour they're being added.
I would imagine that, if Barca want to sign him in the summer, someone credible at Barca would have made sure the message gets to Adama.

If I were his agent, I'd be getting him signed to Spurs now (ker-ching!) in the expectation that he'd be signing for Barca in the summer (ker-ching!) when Conte realises he's all potential and no product. Such a shame. I so wanted him to be our superstar, but it's never going to happen, is it?

I'm sure he'd happily join Spurs. Not going to happen though if they refuse to meet our valuation, the agent can't do anything about that.

I thought agents brokered deals. If they don't do that, then wtf DO they do?

He'll negotiate Adama's contract with Spurs on his behalf.

He can't make Tottenham offer Wolves more money. Well he can ask, but I doubt he'll get very far.

If he really wants the deal I guess his agent could convince him to reduce his wage demand to cover the gap in the transfer fee. £10k less a week over a 5 year contract is £2.5m

'Your new employer is a tight bastard so you'll have to take the hit'.

Er, no ta.

Back