• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

It’s the candidate in the by election. Should be replaced on the ballot paper but it is too late to do so.

Of course the Conservative chairman is calling for the by election to be postponed and a new candidate. Can’t imagine why as they are going to get thumped. All very unsatisfactory.

It’s the candidate in the by election. Should be replaced on the ballot paper but it is too late to do so.

Of course the Conservative chairman is calling for the by election to be postponed and a new candidate. Can’t imagine why as they are going to get thumped. All very unsatisfactory.
Probably the right thing to do for both the parties.

The Libdems should be taking advantage of that.

The Green has removed themselves but can’t be replaced. Apparently historical social media posts.

Seems you either go with the candidate who has been an arse and force them to apologise or you ask all the other parties to agree to a postponement. And I am SURE that if Labour had asked for that the Conservatives would have refused and asked for the poll to go ahead without a valid Labour candidate.

Loads defending or making excuses on social media for Ahli purely because he's on the right side of the party. Would have been WW3 if this had happened on Corbyn's watch.

There are a lot of questions that need answering about how Israel ignored the many warning signs but for a prospective MP suggest it was deliberate is unacceptable. The Labour Party should make it clear today he won’t be representing them as an MP if he wins. Starmer likes to give the impression he’s a man of principle, I guess we’ll see if there’s any substance behind that impression.

As a candidate he isn’t actually subject to the rules that saw recall petitions in constituencies as he isn’t a member of parliament. But he can’t come odd the ballot paper without Labour effectively not standing in the seat. So let him win and then take the whip away as it stops another party winning the seat. It will only be for a few months and a different candidate will no doubt be selected for the general election.

That’s what I would do if I were Starmer on this particular issue.

As for Azhar Ali, who the hell would want to be represented by someone so stupid? There’s 28,000-odd reasons and counting to criticise Israel, world opinion is becoming increasingly critical yet he goes down the fake news path. Cretin.

As a candidate he isn’t actually subject to the rules that saw recall petitions in constituencies as he isn’t a member of parliament. But he can’t come odd the ballot paper without Labour effectively not standing in the seat. So let him win and then take the whip away as it stops another party winning the seat. It will only be for a few months and a different candidate will no doubt be selected for the general election.

That’s what I would do if I were Starmer on this particular issue.
Yep, agreed.

I think the original post is fair though, had this been during Corbyn's tenure the mood would have been very different.

I don’t think Corbyn would throw away the seat either. Labour should win tune seat comfortably whatever the candidate so let this arsehole sit as an independent until Rishi grows some balls and calls a general and spend the intervening time to find a candidate who isn’t a complete arse.

Back