• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

I understand the reluctance and potential bad optics of attacking the Government during a global pandemic, but the moment will be gone if he tries to do it later when the pubic enquiry will go on for years and never be published or severely redacted. It's worth shouting about the contracts now to get both them and him on the publics agenda

So we have a corrupt government, and an opposition who don't call them out on it.

Shambles.

Seems to be an awful lot of ppe that 'never appeared' where has all the ppe come from then ?

What do you make of the ruling on Hancock?
I was more interested in the reluctance of KS to condone it when if Leedswolf post is true that's nearly £878, 000,000 disappeared with nothing to show for it, surely someone needs to be accountable,there should be barristers chomping at the bit for such an open and shut case? Wouldn't you think ?

Struggling to see the long game here from SKS. Maybe a reluctance to be seen as trying to rip a Government apart as we hit the crucial stage of dealing with Covid. Is he thinking changing a Health Sec at this point will have a hugely negative impact. Then going in with 2 feet when country has some normality and every aspect of the handling is looked at, hopefully by an independent group.

I was more interested in the reluctance of KS to condone it when if Leedswolf post is true that's nearly £878, 000,000 disappeared with nothing to show for it, surely someone needs to be accountable,there should be barristers chomping at the bit for such an open and shut case? Wouldn't you think ?
Yep, i'm more annoyed at Starmer than at Hancock, i expect it from Hancock, but for Starmer to just pass it off just enables it to carry on indefinitely. It's really shit. The health secretary has literally broken the law, and the LOTO's response is to just shrug his shoulders.

We are a strange country in what the public get "outraged" about, these sort of things, corruption, ministers breaking the law, cronyism, untendered contracts, billions of public money spent on track and trace etc, barely seem to cause a ripple? But the state of coats, drinking gin on trains, really seem to get people upset.

If we could focus on what is really important, we may go some way to stop this accepted corruption.

Like these barristers?

It's been said on here before, people get more angry about that bloke up the road getting disability for his "dodgy" back when he's working cash in hand, than the government giving millions to their mates, and then say either Boris is doing the best he can/but Corbyn

It's been said on here before, people get more angry about that bloke up the road getting disability for his "dodgy" back when he's working cash in hand, than the government giving millions to their mates, and then say either Boris is doing the best he can/but Corbyn
Really, because there's got to be at least nearly 200 posts on this thread berating the government for it's handling of the process, with critical evidence garnered from all corners of the internet, you would hope when the dust settles that after the appropriate enquiry, the CPS prosecute on the grounds that it's a dictionary definition of embezzlement, but I think your closing part statement summed it up from both sides, it's not whats being done but who is doing it, strange you refer to Corbyn though, you have heard the news haven't you ?

Never use this forum as an accurate view on what the majority outside of it think

Really, because there's got to be at least nearly 200 posts on this thread berating the government for it's handling of the process, with critical evidence garnered from all corners of the internet, you would hope when the dust settles that after the appropriate enquiry, the CPS prosecute on the grounds that it's a dictionary definition of embezzlement, but I think your closing part statement summed it up from both sides, it's not whats being done but who is doing it, strange you refer to Corbyn though, you have heard the news haven't you ?
That's an oxymoron I've never seen before.

All the recent ones are similar, showing Labour ~4-5 points adrift.

Don't you think that makes sense given the government's success with the vaccine rollout (even though they and the civil service were essentially sidelined by somebody who knew what they were doing).

If it were down to that, why are Labour loosing out to other parties and the Conservatives aren't picking anything up?

Do you think it's because people see Labour as a fractured party, SKS biggest critics are within the faithful .

Back