• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

I don't understand how Labour aren't smashing the Tories to pieces

Don't take TWF as a barometer of political feeling. Delivering Brexit will get you excused for anything in the eyes of many

Looks like they are going to lose Batley and Spen to the Tories. Jo Cox's sister should have been an open goal, but Galloway's influence in the Muslim community seems to have screwed that

Lose Batley and Starmer will struggle to keep his job

I don't understand how Labour aren't smashing the Tories to pieces
Because they are void…of anything. No policies, no leader, no direction. What do Labour stand for? In 2017 you knew what Labour stood for (except Brexit), by 2019 they were a basket case and in 2021 they are a husk.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to vote for Labour again any time soon (not that my vote counts for anything in a GE). I quite like Starmer on a personal level but as a party they are a mess.

I'm more confused why people blindly vote Tory when they're quite obviously a) cunts and b) hopeless.

Starmer has been appalling. He had a huge amount of goodwill from the left of the party and could have been a unity candidate. His policy proposals during the leadership campaign were excellent and wouldn't have looked out of place in the 2017 manifesto. I knew I wasn't getting Tony Benn but I thought he'd be a little to the right of Corbyn. Instead he chose needless factionalism and a return to 90s focus group politics.

Don't worry about policies just sit in front of a flag! Don't oppose the govt during the pandemic as they're obviously doing a great job. Nobody wants to see Matt Hancock resign over 130,000 deaths. He's had sex! Resign! Resign! Fuck Palestine. Fuck Kashmir despite what the UN says. Blame Muslim anti-semitism for crumbling Batley vote.

It's fair to say I regret voting for him. I hope they lose next week so he fucks off. He won't though.

I don’t think he’s done well, but moaning about factionalism while posting from a very factional point of view is laughable. The Labour Party is done it seems. Stick a fork in it.

I don’t think he’s done well, but moaning about factionalism while posting from a very factional point of view is laughable. The Labour Party is done it seems. Stick a fork in it.

40% of members who voted for Corbyn twice voted for Starmer. I voted for Starmer. He could have been a unifying candidate as the membership were nearly all behind him and the PLP were happy too. Rayner was also a figure that had cross party appeal - I'd have voted for her if she'd stood. Then he went after some prominent left wing MPs and it all started to go tits up.

40% of members who voted for Corbyn twice voted for Starmer. I voted for Starmer. He could have been a unifying candidate as the membership were nearly all behind him and the PLP were happy too. Rayner was also a figure that had cross party appeal - I'd have voted for her if she'd stood. Then he went after some prominent left wing MPs and it all started to go tits up.
This, exactly this.

I don't know or understand what his strategy is.

Does that not speak volumes about the state of the opposition though ?
I'd say that it says a lot more about those who choose to blindly vote for morally corrupt people.

I'm no Labour apologist, they are currently a mess, but that doesn't mean I then have to vote for a Government containing some truly awful human beings. I don't think people should be able to use a weak opposition as an excuse for voting in favour of the Conservatives and all that they currently stand for.

I can't say that I currently support any one party in particular these days, I'm more anti-Tory than anything. I switched from Labour to the Greens in 2015 as I lived in a safe Labour seat anyway but now that my constituency has a Conservative MP I will just vote for whoever has the best chance of beating the Tories.

Ed Davey calling for the pms authority to over-ride breaches of the ministerial code.
that's leadership. why is starmer so quiet on similar issues?

Shame PMQ's* mean nothing as Starmer probably had his best one today and Johnson came across as a bigger cunt than usual.

*Not sure why its called PMQ's any more though. He gets asked questions but just gives replies that generally have no relation to anything and just an excuse to use some soundbites.

Back