• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Bloody Starmer. Buying his disabled mum some land to set up a sanctuary for rescued donkeys. Arsehole.

Not what a proper man of the people would do.

boris de piffle paffle.jpg

Just read that story (that took 2 journalists to do by the way) and it makes no sense other than to point out that a Lawyer might have some ££ in the bank.

We learn that

1) He purchased a plot of land behind his parents house
2) The Land was used as a (cracking) Donkey Sanctuary
3) When his Mum was really ill she was able to get comfort from simply watching the Donkeys do their Donkey things
4) A man has decided that the land could now be worth £10m if they sold it to a property developer
5) Someone with no links to the family say people have been shown around the field so they MUST be developers and SKS is about to dance to the Bank with his cheque
6) Also revealed that no one has been shown the field and they are zero plans to sell it
7) SKS used to get £400+ PH when a Lawyer
8) Owns a House in London that might be worth a bit
9) errrr How can a "Man of the People" be as such with all this
10) Look away from Boris and his MP's look HERE LOOOOOOK HERE, your pointless anger is best viewed this way

One of those journalists had his girlfriend run off with Johnson too. Imagine being that pathetic that you will still go to town to smear his rivals.

Just read that story (that took 2 journalists to do by the way) and it makes no sense other than to point out that a Lawyer might have some ££ in the bank.

We learn that

1) He purchased a plot of land behind his parents house
2) The Land was used as a (cracking) Donkey Sanctuary
3) When his Mum was really ill she was able to get comfort from simply watching the Donkeys do their Donkey things
4) A man has decided that the land could now be worth £10m if they sold it to a property developer
5) Someone with no links to the family say people have been shown around the field so they MUST be developers and SKS is about to dance to the Bank with his cheque
6) Also revealed that no one has been shown the field and they are zero plans to sell it
7) SKS used to get £400+ PH when a Lawyer
8) Owns a House in London that might be worth a bit
9) errrr How can a "Man of the People" be as such with all this
10) Look away from Boris and his MP's look HERE LOOOOOOK HERE, your pointless anger is best viewed this way

I 'know' someone who lives on the Hogs Back very close to there, who was a major contributor to UKIP (because the Conservative Party had gone too soft and were no longer right wing enough for him), unsuccessfully stood as a UKIP MEP, has the Daily Heil delivered every morning and perfectly fits the bill for the kind of person who would be outraged enough by the theoretical nonsense being spouted to contact the Heil

It's also on the doorstep of Michael Gove's Surrey Heath consituency and Jeremy Hunts south west surrey constituency.

One of those journalists had his girlfriend run off with Johnson too. Imagine being that pathetic that you will still go to town to smear his rivals.

Still trying to find out if the other'journalist ' is related to former Heil joint deputy editor and current deputy editor of The Times Ian Gallagher

Are you his paperboy or just a superb stalker?

I used to work with him. One of his favourite phrases was ' It's not tax evasion it's tax avoidance, they're completely different things' One of his others was ' I don't own a single album with a homosexual on, I won't allow them in the house'. After work we used to take great pleasure in getting him to talk about his collection and rave about albums he owned that we knew had gay musicians on

I used to work with him. One of his favourite phrases was ' It's not tax evasion it's tax avoidance, they're completely different things'

I knew a guy like that too. Tried to make out that if you had an ISA then you were no better than or different to Amazon or Google so you couldn't slag them off.

I didn't talk to him by choice.

I didn't have much choice, he was the MD.

He moved the entire company to a remote location because the 'office' was some converted rooms over a golf course clubhouse, with shit internet but 'amazing views'. He'd spend hours looking down at people changing into spikes on the car park and sneer that they wouldn't have 'people like that' as members at 'his' course. One day, one of them turned round it was Damon Hill.

Tax avoidance and tax evasion ARE completely different things. Only one is illegal for a start.

As I spent a decade designing tax efficient share schemes I’ll agree to disagree.

To be clear those schemes aren't about NOT paying tax. They are about using legal exemptions and making sure that tax is paid at the most efficient rate. Most Long Term Incentive Plans or Executive Share Option Schemes at companies involve the top dogs down to higher end mid-management, who are all likely (or almost certain in most cases) to be Higher Rate Income Tax payers. If your scheme gets those individuals into the Capital Gains Tax rather than Income Tax regime, that's a tax saving right there although it is limited to a certain amount that can be taken out of Income Tax (used to be £30k when I did it, but that was nearly twenty years ago)

Even the humble Save as Your Earn Share Option schemes that are open to all employees have a benefit in that the savings have to be held in trust for a minimum period so you don't pay as much tax as if the money was simply added as Income in a monthly salary, plus the savings accounts have a (currently pathetic) set rate of interest which again is tax-free. It's only a £250 a month savings scheme, but that adds up over a 5 year scheme, especially if the share price rises dramatically over the saving period.

They are good schemes, not a bad thing. And they should be clearly distinguished from some of the other dodgy offshore schemes that people like Jimmy Carr got stung for.

To be clear those schemes aren't about NOT paying tax. They are about using legal exemptions and making sure that tax is paid at the most efficient rate. Most Long Term Incentive Plans or Executive Share Option Schemes at companies involve the top dogs down to higher end mid-management, who are all likely (or almost certain in most cases) to be Higher Rate Income Tax payers. If your scheme gets those individuals into the Capital Gains Tax rather than Income Tax regime, that's a tax saving right there although it is limited to a certain amount that can be taken out of Income Tax (used to be £30k when I did it, but that was nearly twenty years ago)

Even the humble Save as Your Earn Share Option schemes that are open to all employees have a benefit in that the savings have to be held in trust for a minimum period so you don't pay as much tax as if the money was simply added as Income in a monthly salary, plus the savings accounts have a (currently pathetic) set rate of interest which again is tax-free. It's only a £250 a month savings scheme, but that adds up over a 5 year scheme, especially if the share price rises dramatically over the saving period.

They are good schemes, not a bad thing. And they should be clearly distinguished from some of the other dodgy offshore schemes that people like Jimmy Carr got stung for.

It was the dodgier end that my ex MD was enthusiastic about. He was also fond of saying 'taxes are for the little people' amongst other offensive utterances. I didn't intentionally mean to lump the work you did with the likes of him.

From the guardian - I really like and agree with Starmers comments here.

But in a clear shift in tone from Jeremy Corbyn’s attitude to civil disobedience, Starmer told LBC radio: “It shouldn’t have been done in that way, [it was] completely wrong to pull a statue down like that.

He added: “Stepping back, that statue should have been taken down a long, long time ago. We can’t, in 21st century Britain, have a slaver on a statue. A statue is there to honour people.

“That statue should have been brought down properly, with consent, and put, I would say, in a museum.”

I mean you look at post-2010 leaders you have:

Cameron (PR man, got addicted to referendums, had no actual beliefs)
May (horrible old racist prick)
Johnson (I don't have room within these parentheses to describe how awful he is on every level)
Miliband (policy wonk, never going to get elected, nice man though)
Corbyn (yeah)

I mean Starmer will stand up well in comparison. He's a very well spoken, well educated, well presented, intelligent man. I mean I've managed through my life bluffing those factors despite the fact that I can't really do anything. We will have to see in terms of policy.

At the moment he's just nudging the utter moron in charge and waiting for him to fall over. It's not even work, it's not hard at all.

In terms of the economy then he needs to wait as no-one, not the Chancellor, not the Treasury, not the World Bank knows what's going to happen in the next 6-12 months.

From the guardian - I really like and agree with Starmers comments here.

But in a clear shift in tone from Jeremy Corbyn’s attitude to civil disobedience, Starmer told LBC radio: “It shouldn’t have been done in that way, [it was] completely wrong to pull a statue down like that.

He added: “Stepping back, that statue should have been taken down a long, long time ago. We can’t, in 21st century Britain, have a slaver on a statue. A statue is there to honour people.

“That statue should have been brought down properly, with consent, and put, I would say, in a museum.”

In that particular case they'd spent 4-5 years going through the proper channels and got nowhere. Sometimes civil disobedience is necessary.

I mean you look at post-2010 leaders you have:

Cameron (PR man, got addicted to referendums, had no actual beliefs)
May (horrible old racist prick)
Johnson (I don't have room within these parentheses to describe how awful he is on every level)
Miliband (policy wonk, never going to get elected, nice man though)
Corbyn (yeah)

I mean Starmer will stand up well in comparison. He's a very well spoken, well educated, well presented, intelligent man. I mean I've managed through my life bluffing those factors despite the fact that I can't really do anything. We will have to see in terms of policy.

At the moment he's just nudging the utter moron in charge and waiting for him to fall over. It's not even work, it's not hard at all.

In terms of the economy then he needs to wait as no-one, not the Chancellor, not the Treasury, not the World Bank knows what's going to happen in the next 6-12 months.

Miliband started well but lost his bottle and drifted rightwards as time passed. Ended up austerity lite and having a pop at immigrants - whose gonna vote for that when you've already got the real thing?

Back