• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

I did vote Labour in both 2017 and 2019. In my constituency I voted for Emma Reynolds who I believed genuinely was a superb MP. Unlike the current Conservative incumbent.

I think she's standing against Brexit hard man Steve Baker at the next election.

Would make sense as she was always a remain supporter. Would much rather see her win Wolvo north east back though!

For a football fan he got took apart by Sunak on the references to it today at PMQs. Getting battered everywhere you go (IMO) isn't something to bring up in the house and to then have Arsenal's visit Rwanda sponsorship and the Saints go marching on aimed back at him left him with egg on his face.

For suggesting that spending money more wisely is better than just throwing it at failed systems?

FIFY.

You only thing he'll bring that will be better than the Tories is a lack of corruption - which IS a significant improvement, but other than that I don't see a lot changing under him and Labour.
General raising of the bar in competence across the board you'd think. If there are Labour equivalents of Johnson, Truss, Patel, Coffey, Braverman, Grayling, Rees-Mogg, Jenrick, Badenoch, McVey, Dorries, Leenoch etc then you wouldn't expect them to be given front bench roles.

Which isn't terribly exciting but you can't overstate how awful the last 13 and a half years have been in UK politics.

General raising of the bar in competence across the board you'd think. If there are Labour equivalents of Johnson, Truss, Patel, Coffey, Braverman, Grayling, Rees-Mogg, Jenrick, Badenoch, McVey, Dorries, Leenoch etc then you wouldn't expect them to be given front bench roles.

Which isn't terribly exciting but you can't overstate how awful the last 13 and a half years have been in UK politics.
This the thing with Western democracies isn't it? Best we can hope for is the least worst option.

FIFY.

You only thing he'll bring that will be better than the Tories is a lack of corruption - which IS a significant improvement, but other than that I don't see a lot changing under him and Labour.
It'll be austerity and 'difficult decisions' but more competently done.

Labour dropping their Green programme because of their made up fiscal rules.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105-092512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240105-092512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 13
Back