• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He's a cracking player. Quick across the ground, defensively sound with the ability to time tackles and certainly not the card machine that I feared that he would be based on the youtube videos knocking about when we signed him. He will pick up cards due to the nature of his game but he's not sly or dirty like other defensive midfielders can be. He's better on the ball than I expected too and doesn't mind driving into space if it opens up in front of him. Based on his few appearances so far I think we've got some player on our hands.

He's superb, though, am I the only one who thinks he always takes 20-odd minutes to really warm up? At least in the small sample size of his starts thus far.

He's not the messiah. He might be but on Saturday Julen was a very naughty boy. Those changes after half time were a mess! The system was working until that idiot Sa decided he was playing over the "players" with his mates, rather that pro football for a great old football team fighting to retain it's cherished place in the PL! We need a new keeper, for sure, but Julen only made things worse with the overhaul of the team, that was the second half. Agreed Neves had to come on for Lemina. However, why was he playing so fucking deep? Was he instructed to play in a back 3? Why was 5'7 of football heaven made to look like 5'7 of football hell, again? Why was Costa taken off so early and Cunha put in a position he clearly does not excel at? WTF was Hwang's role? Again, he played as if he was over the park and wasn't gonna pass to his mates! Then Podence and Neto thrown on and too late for them to make an impact. Adama didn't even get a look-in and maybe this was the game he might have dragged us to an undeserved point. So many problems with Julen's almost scatter gun approach to that second half. Another relegation rival handed a lifeline by our charitable football team! Palace massive. Was anyway. Clear yer throats!

Back