• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Points thrown away due to crazy goalkeeping and subs which didn't have any effect other than to make us deeper in midfield and wider going forwards.

Joao Gomes my MOTM. Keep him and Lemina in the middle of at all possible please Julen.

It's noticeable how much better we link midfield and attack with Costa and Cunha playing too. Hwang/Sarabia just don't do enough for me. We just need to solve that left wing conundrum and we'll be ok.

Last edited:
Some lovely play 1st half. Passing and moving, 1-2s etc. 2nd half poop, mainly due to subs and setup I think.

Points thrown away due to crazy goalkeeping and subs which didn't have any effect other than to make us deeper in midfield and wider going forwards.

Joao Gomes my MOTM. Keep him and Lemina in the middle of at all possible please Julen.

It's noticeable how much better we link midfield and attack with Costa and Cunha playing too. Hwang/Sarabia just don't do enough for me. We just need to solve that left wing conundrum and we'll be ok.
Poor result, but first half shows there is hope and promise going forward.

As mentioned, a left winger, another focal point up top and upgrades at the back/keeper would see this team improve astronomically

I have questions about the decisions we continue to make, which have proven to not work time and time again

Question like,

Why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

Completely in control until Sa's latest brain fart. Dreadful after that and got what we deserved.

I think being very hard on Sa is harsh in this instance, he has given away some really stupid penalties with really rash decisions in the past, but today he came out, narrowed the angle well, and was unfortunate that he slipped and caught Vardy.

Our issue is how we reacted to their equaliser, we never got to grips with the game again, that's on our mentality and the decisions that Lop made, not Sa.

Oh and once again a fucking shit ref/VAR, Daka committed about 8 fouls and didn't get booked, and that handball was a penalty.

Ruben has really pissed me off today.

I understood taking off Costa as he was clearly gassed, but without any kind of proper replacement it just took us back to ye olden days of a month ago when we had no outlet and created fuck all.

Just get over the line now.

If I was doing my ranking for upgrades needed in importance by position, then it's 1) Forward 2) GK 3)CB

That was the order prior to today and it's still the order now, I am not here to pile on Sa but its what it is, disappointing result but not something I am shocked by when I consider our season and team as a whole.

Not this season, but in future we'll regret not taking the opportunity to help relegate Leicester if they stay up. Only watched Twitter highlights so won't comment on the subs other than to say we moved to a formation with players which never works. Not sure how many times Lopetegui needs to see it before he learns the lesson?

Was it a penalty? I don’t know. But it’s the kind of decision it seems every other club gets in their favour. Ho hum, 3 more points from 6 games should really be good enough

Really disappointing how we were in total control and threw it away. Neves and Moutinho slowed us down and we missed Costa as a focal point up front. I think Liverpool are more likely to offer big money for Gomes than Nunes, he’s going to be a very special player.

I'm beginning to lean this way.

Tired of Sa, decent shot stopper but braindead fuckup after braindead fuckup and we can't have it. There has to be a decent balance between keeper who is comfortable with the ball at his feet with the brain of a pea and keeper who can barely kick the ball but is otherwise generally solid. Please. Somewhere.

First half was really, really good, they set up to counter and caught us a couple times but otherwise we had some excellent spells of possession and actual interplay and attacking penetration (!)

Started to go wrong as soon as Costa and Sarabia went off and we just reverted to type with Neves playing sweeper, Moutinho jinking around and not affecting the game in any meaningful way and Cunha being left on an island by himself.

Lop HAS to see this, surely. I'm sincerely hoping it's just a case of trying to make do with what he's got until the summer because we played some really good stuff first half and showed a glimpse of what I assume he is working towards.

Silver lining, at least this puts Everton Leeds and Forest right in danger again. Also, Joao Gomes is going to be a wonderful player to watch develop, thoroughly impressed with him so far.

Sa is a clown. Cost us the game because the snowball effect of letting them back in to it at that point & letting the home fans pipe up when we were in the process of playing them off the park is unforgivable.

Despite the shocking second half (poor changes by Lop again - STOP reverting back to that shape and STOP playing Moutinho there, ffs) I still feel on balance we should have had something out of today. Leicester are extremely poor and it’s peak Wolves to play them back in to form/give them a boost for the run in.

Neves was shite when he came on, does everything so slowly and still dropped in to the defence. Gomes/Lemina from now on, please.

Very disappointed today.

Not this season, but in future we'll regret not taking the opportunity to help relegate Leicester if they stay up. Only watched Twitter highlights so won't comment on the subs other than to say we moved to a formation with players which never works. Not sure how many times Lopetegui needs to see it before he learns the lesson?
I can't for the life of me imagine Smith keeps them up next year if they don't go this

Put it this way I don’t want us going into games v BHA, Villa & Man Utd still sat on 34 points. Need something Tuesday.
Really annoyed by that that today and the poor character shown from being pegged back to 1-1.

We have a mentality/attitude problem when playing against poor teams. I'm sure someone will come on here and write words to tell me I'm wrong, and they will be sensible and logical words and they will probably have statistics to back them up. But you won't convince me that something isn't right with our attitude in the games against some teams down near the bottom. Especially in the last couple of months.

Back