• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He won't be manager. They'll get better
Right, I missed that somehow.

Still, not sure. Maddison will surely go and there isn't a huge amount of quality there (despite what today's result suggests)

He won't be manager. They'll get better
If not them it’ll be someone else. Not sure what’s particularly dangerous about Leicester specifically.

Gomes probably my MOTM, although I thought Semedo played well today too.

Reactions: b3h
Right, I missed that somehow.

Still, not sure. Maddison will surely go and there isn't a huge amount of quality there (despite what today's result suggests)
They've got almost a quarter of their seasons points off us. We've got no grounds to talk about their lack of quality.

Absoulute crap. Yes Neves is our best player but he ruined the way we played the last 2 games. Played way too deep and meant we were short up front. Costa could/should have stayed on longer - he was pissed to be taken off !!! Lop, please stop fucking the team up with needless subs

First 35 of 1st half - the equivalent of a bouncing Molineux
First 25 of 2nd half - the equivalent of a match day thread on here

Sa is a tool but Lop got it wrong today with his subs and tactics in the 2nd half.

Thought Lop's changes made us worse. Neves comes on plays so deep it's untrue. Costa off, means we lose that focal point again. Neither Cunha nor Hwang can do a job as a centre forward. Why Bueno didn't come on for Toti, I don't know and the scatter gun subs after that. Oh well. Onto Palace.

How the fuck did we not get anything out of that game.

They were shit but if you can’t put the ball in the net when you’re on top for 90% of the game you’re always gonna struggle…..

Speechless

Tuesday becomes a must get something scenario, table is still healthy but the 3 fixtures after Tuesday are extremely difficult.

Leeds have taken 6 off us and Leeds are objectively shit
So 2 teams that we can all agree are pretty fucking shit, and we have 0 points. Plus we've failed to beat Bournemouth and Forest, 2 teams who are also pretty fucking shit. Not good enough. That's an attitude issue, plain and simple.

So 2 teams that we can all agree are pretty fucking shit, and we have 0 points. Plus we've failed to beat Bournemouth and Forest, 2 teams who are also pretty fucking shit. Not good enough. That's an attitude issue, plain and simple.
We beat Forest at home

Frustrating to lose when we should have won.

Hopefully next season Lop can manage to perfect the art of picking the right team to begin with and then not making it worse with his changes.

It isn't.

Leeds (A) - Lage was in charge
Forest (H) - we won 1-0
Bournemouth (A) - drew 0-0 - Lage in charge

Leeds and Bournemouth at home were not good enough but tactically Lop got them both wrong.

Frustrating to lose when we should have won.

Hopefully next season Lop can manage to perfect the art of picking the right team to begin with and then not making it worse with his changes.
I don't really know what I think about him tbh. Look at the league table on Xmas Day to now and it's undeniably a good job, but some of the team selections, subs and in game management are just baffling from someone with his pedigree. I'm hoping a balanced squad to start next season fixes that

Back