• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Your both right. It was theoretically the same but the players weren’t doing the same things as the players they replaced. Moutinho wasn’t running off the forward and he was dropping deeper. Hwang wasn’t doing what Sarabia did and Neves wasn’t doing what Lemina did.

The main thing is we all know it’s shite but the manger keeps doing it.

Your both right. It was theoretically the same but the players weren’t doing the same things as the players they replaced. Moutinho wasn’t running off the forward and he was dropping deeper. Hwang wasn’t doing what Sarabia did and Neves wasn’t doing what Lemina did.

I agree with that, it's just the formation didn't change. Lop was sticking to it.

Neves deep and Moutinho not really pressing along with Cunha unable to be a striker meant we lost our spine completely.

It's a personnel thing which I think Lop gets right in the summer.

With Lemina out I'm hoping we see Traore soon and a much further up the field Neves.

Surely you judge the formation in what you see not what you think the manager is trying to achieve? Moutinho’s role now should be limited to seeing out a game. He has too little influence going forwards - it perplexes me why Lop can’t see it. With him and Neves on the pitch we become toothless as everything is too slow

Surely you judge the formation in what you see not what you think the manager is trying to achieve? Moutinho’s role now should be limited to seeing out a game. He has too little influence going forwards - it perplexes me why Lop can’t see it. With him and Neves on the pitch we become toothless as everything is too slow
No I agree with you. But what you are both arguing about is just semantics IMO.

Just back. After a shaky start we were absolutely bossing the game to the point where Leicester seemed to have given up and allowed us to play through them. Crap ball on the edge of their box, 6/7 players wrong side of the ball, break, ball into Vardy and Sa takes him out unnecessarily. After that Leicester more than matched us and probably deserved the 3 points. They were desperate for the points and their crowd made it a cracking atmosphere to see them to victory. Poor showing second half with nobody coming out with much credit.

Regarding Neves, surely it must be an instruction for him to play that deep? Otherwise it’s baffling.

However surely he has the ability to play in a 2, he’s far to good not to be able to, or am I missing something?

Moutinho doesn’t work in the 10, we already know that, and playing a 433 with this current squad of players doesn’t work, surely that’s onbvious by now?

Makes the decision not to have Raul on the bench because of his ‘laid back’ persona even more baffling? We have seen what a difference having Costa as a focal point makes, I don’t see how Raul can’t do similar, or atleast offer something vaguely comparable? Were not talking peak costa as discussed several times! Naturally it doesn’t mean he has to come on, and I have no issue if he wasn’t used if tactic A isn’t working, but surely you would have the option? We don’t need all of hwang, Podence, Neto and Adama on the bench, surely?

Was surprised by the atmosphere tbf. Been plenty of times before but they really got it going after the equaliser. Makes our efforts at home currently look a shambles.

Was surprised by the atmosphere tbf. Been plenty of times before but they really got it going after the equaliser. Makes our efforts at home currently look a shambles.
Yeah but they’ve got clappers and a drum.

It’s just where he likes to be. Has done under every manager here and does the same for Portugal.

With those excellent 'light out of the Darkness' performances whilst Neves was on the naughty step, it's really sad and bewildering to see Neves come on and the whole thing goes to shit. Well, a bit more shit since Sa slipped and fucked up.
I was watching the ticker on Fotmob and even I could see how deep he was playing and so many passes went sideways or backwards.
And it was also notable how few passes or moves that Nunes was involved in after Ruben appeared.
Also surprising how ephemeral Quality is. From one week to the next....
Don't get it.

With those excellent 'light out of the Darkness' performances whilst Neves was on the naughty step, it's really sad and bewildering to see Neves come on and the whole thing goes to shit. Well, a bit more shit since Sa slipped and fucked up.
I was watching the ticker on Fotmob and even I could see how deep he was playing and so many passes went sideways or backwards.
And it was also notable how few passes or moves that Nunes was involved in after Ruben appeared.
Also surprising how ephemeral Quality is. From one week to the next....
Don't get it.
ac5e40285ba60762583266921f9bb06e.png

Only seen the three minutes on Sky although I listened to it on the radio.
Disappointed reading all the negative stuff with regards to Neves and hoping one of the best players I’ve ever seen in a Wolves shirt doesn’t join a long list of Wolves scapegoats.

Last edited:
Only seen the three minutes on Sky although I listened to it on the radio.
Disappointed reading all the negative stuff with regards to Neves and hoping one of the best players I’ve ever seen in a Wolves shirt doesn’t join a long list of Wolves scapegoats.
I don't think it's a case of scapegoating anyone. It's a case of how he doesn't seem to fit in with the way the rest of the team needs to play. He's phenomenally talented and appears to be a top bloke to boot, but the style we want to play under Lop, with the new players brought in to play it, just doesn't seem to fit well with his style. He wants to sit deep and spray passes around. We don't need that from our midfield, we need more movement and dynamism. Sad as it is, it doesn't seem, at this point in time at least, that he fits the way he used to, when our game was more sit deep and counter-atrack.

I don't think it's a case of scapegoating anyone. It's a case of how he doesn't seem to fit in with the way the rest of the team needs to play. He's phenomenally talented and appears to be a top bloke to boot, but the style we want to play under Lop, with the new players brought in to play it, just doesn't seem to fit well with his style. He wants to sit deep and spray passes around. We don't need that from our midfield, we need more movement and dynamism. Sad as it is, it doesn't seem, at this point in time at least, that he fits the way he used to, when our game was more sit deep and counter-atrack.
I’d still like to see him played as a 2 and instructed not to drop deep. Nothing I’ve seen says he can’t do that, but it is concerning today that when he came on he just dropped deeper as per

All on that fucking shit goalkeeper. He's given away what, six penalties now? A complete liability.

We played well for the most part and I don't get the Neves flak.

I was fucking furious with that clown Sa today, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that, considering we all think of Neves as our best player, he didn't exactly propel us to victory once he came on, did he?

I also thought Nunes was dire once Neves was on the pitch, and I'm not sure they can actually play together.

Depressing day, especially as Leicester didn't even have their two best attacking players

Back