• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The more you look at it, the more ridiculous it is from Sa.

FuV_e2UX0AwUZ2u

Get back in goal you fool.
A few moments earlier he hadn't come out and they should have scored, which is probably why he came out here.

This is different to the Wood one, at least here he did put the brakes on, did make it impossible for Vardy to score, he was just unlucky that he slipped and caught Vardy.

His other penalties have been 100% mindless.

I don’t think he’s unlucky at all. Vardy is never scoring if he stays on his line. Even if we allow him the decision to come out, Vardy has taken a touch to the corner flag so why is he still pursuing? Two mistakes back to back taking an xG of 0.01 and 0.001 to 0.79. Awful

He slipped, that in itself is unlucky.

Vardy went away from goal because of Sa coming out.

As I said, minutes earlier Vardy from the same position was able to lay a sitter on for Tete (which was fortunately blocked) him coming out stopped that in this instance and I'm sure that's why he did come out.

The scapegoating is all a bit OTT for me, particularly as he made good saves later on.

We lost yesterday because of how we dealt with them scoring, that is worthy of far more criticism, and talk of dropping him is daft.

Keepers make mistakes. Sa is no different to most in the league. Too many errors. Look at Ramsdale on Friday, top keeper but he's gifted Soton the first. It happens.

I'd rather have Sa than Meslier, Bazuna, Fabianski, Sanchez, Guita, De Gea, Lloris and Pope.

Cavaleiro slipped against Cardiff. Barrelling in their full tilt in a panic isn’t bad luck, it’s rash decision making.

Yes as Johnny says keepers make mistakes and there is some allowance. But whether we allow it or not we can’t say it isn’t one.

But Sa didn't barrel in full tilt? He came out tentatively, didn't commit to a challenge, narrowed the angle, which led to Vardy knocking it away from goal, THEN he slipped and nicked his ankle. It was nothing like Cardiff.

He came out like a juggernaut on Wood, for sure. Yesterday wasn't like that.

Anyway I'm done, I know it's fun for some to go all in on a player if it suits.

But Sa didn't barrel in full tilt? He came out tentatively, didn't commit to a challenge, narrowed the angle, which led to Vardy knocking it away from goal, THEN he slipped and nicked his ankle. It was nothing like Cardiff.

He came out like a juggernaut on Wood, for sure. Yesterday wasn't like that.

Anyway I'm done, I know it's fun for some to go all in on a player if it suits.
I’m not going in on him? I’m pointing out its two mistakes back to back and isn’t “unlucky”. He chases Vardy to the corner flag and slips. Even allowing for coming out, which for me is the wrong decision but is difficult in the heat of the moment, If he doesn’t chase him he doesn’t slip and doesn’t catch him. As soon as he pushes him wide he needs to go to his pissing line. Let’s say he doesn’t slip, Vardy turns and lays a pass and they shoot into an unguarded net.

Defending the indefensible is exactly the same as “going in on a player” , even though I’m not even doing that. I’m Calling a spade a spade.

Don’t just think about the pens. He charged out against Leeds in the 3-4 allowing Rodrigo to score a 0.00001 chance. Ran off his line and punched the bloke in the head this year. Came running out to the edge of his 18 yard box to catch (and drop) last week against Brentford where we were lucky it fell to our player. Could have fell to a Brentford player and they kick it in an empty net.

The thing is (and this isn't Sa's fault) that Arsenal can recover from a Ramsdale error and score more, Wolves probably can't.

It's not only Sa's fault we lost, but it was a huge pivotal moment and completely galvanised Leicester, something our players and manager couldn't cope with in the end

With regards yesterday`s game and Sa`s error, there were 10 other players out there that had ample time to correct matters. I think yesterday`s loss was more down to the manager rather than Sa.

He got lucky dropping one just after, he wiped out Daka I think, lucky he fluked a touch..

Sa didn't slip, he came out like a mad un, and momentum meant he then trod on Vardys foot in a terrible attempt to follow the ball. ridiculous decision as we were so far on top prior it ain't true.

On the Faes penalty claim, by the laws of the game, it is a harsh penalty award. by the spirit of football though, it isn't a pen, and we'd have been fuming had it been given against us. This merely shows haw fucking about with the rules repeatedly has made a mess of shizzle.

Sa didn't slip, he came out like a mad un, and momentum meant he then trod on Vardys foot in a terrible attempt to follow the ball. ridiculous decision as we were so far on top prior it ain't true.
100% correct. I keep reading that he "slipped". He didn't. He slipped after/because he trod on Vardy's ankle. It was appalling goalkeeping and completely altered the direction of the match.

But Sa didn't barrel in full tilt? He came out tentatively, didn't commit to a challenge, narrowed the angle, which led to Vardy knocking it away from goal, THEN he slipped and nicked his ankle.
He slipped after/because he trod on Vardy's ankle. It was appalling goalkeeping and completely altered the direction of the match.

He "slipped" due to him riding Vardy's right foot. Then didn't even attempt to dive to save the penalty.

1682336960379.png

He looks more like the player I thought Nunes would be than Nunes has been.

Back