• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester City away; Build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Jonny Dendoncker Neves Moutinho Vinagre

Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Vallejo, Saïss, Doherty, Traoré, Cutrone, Gibbs-White

Traoré benched for being a fucking spanner but Doc looked off the pace to me last night. Rest him for this one and give him another 90 against Pyunik at Molineux.

Hopefully Gibbs-White fit enough to make the bench.

Doc also had an ice pack on his knee after he was subbed. Major surprise if he plays.

Depends if he just jarred it or actually twisted it scoring his goal. He might be ok.

Depends if he just jarred it or actually twisted it scoring his goal. He might be ok.

As that was his first game after a knee injury and his pre-season has seen 60 odd mins of game time, it would be a surprise if he plays. Could do with a full 90 next Thursday

The front 2 are definitely in fine form at the mo. And no telling what BR's going to do with his CBs. Def an opportunity there.

Fine margins but I think we can nick a 2-1.

Soyuncu will play alongside Evans. That's pretty much a given.

If there as any doubt about Docs knee I'm sure he would have come off

Even if doesn't play I'd be more than happy with Vinagre and Jonny at wingback

He did come off...

I don't think he'll play. But will do next Thursday.

I think we're pretty even in terms of squad and positions around the pitch.

I think Patricio shades it slightly in the goalkeeping department
Their fullbacks are comparable to our wing-backs
Their midfield has quality and work-rate as does ours
Both teams have good forwards but Vardy is probably more clinical than Raul but Jota is better than Perez
I'd say our CB's are better than Leicester's though provided we don't leave tonnes of room to Vardy to run into

I can see us being setup to counter-attack and hitting Leicester on the break

It's a pretty even match-up but I just feel we'll have our tails up after an exceptional pre-season / early start. Off the top of my head they must have scored more against us in the PL than any other team last year? Yet I still fancy us to shut them out. 2-0 Wolves.

390c475493d58a4026f2d0654525b60d.jpg

I think we'll struggle a bit today. They're a very decent team. I'd settle for a draw.

2-1 Wolves. Think the fact that our players have already played 3 competitive games will be telling today.

That’s what I’m hoping is the way it goes - rather than the travel hindering us. As we go on it will become more difficult but our pre season preparation has been very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back