• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester (H) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't be reverting to 3CB's every time we face a striker with a bit of pace.

Will be disappointed if Nuno does this, he was all for "make your ideas stronger than theirs" before.
Not worked out too well this season has it?

No coincidence we have looked our best under Nuno when we have had a settled team and system.

"The opposition wont know whats hit them" TM - Dean Saunders.
We've looked best under Nuno with 3 at the back...

We've looked best under Nuno with 3 at the back...
Not this season we haven't we have looked boring and devoid of any creativity with 3 at the back.

Just makes me laugh that people want us to commit to this 4-2-3-1 and then at the first sign of a team with any decent attacking players want to switch back to 3-4-3. We are only going to get better at the former by practicing it. There's no better time to do it than now when we are not going down and we aren't troubling European places.

Just makes me laugh that people want us to commit to this 4-2-3-1 and then at the first sign of a team with any decent attacking players want to switch back to 3-4-3. We are only going to get better at the former by practicing it. There's no better time to do it then now when we are not going down and we aren't troubling European places.
The problem is, if you have a missing part do you carry on? After playing Kilman at LB does that mean he doesn't trust Hoever and Semedo in standard full backs at the same time (with 1 out of position). So if he doesn't think that will work, as he did midweek and Kilman most definitely did not work, what does he do. Stick and get through until RAN, Marcal, Jonny and even Saiss are fit or fit the formation around those he currently has?

Not this season we haven't we have looked boring and devoid of any creativity with 3 at the back.

Just makes me laugh that people want us to commit to this 4-2-3-1 and then at the first sign of a team with any decent attacking players want to switch back to 3-4-3. We are only going to get better at the former by practicing it. There's no better time to do it than now when we are not going down and we aren't troubling European places.
Don't think I've ever said we should play 4 at the back.

Boring, this season, yeah, maybe but we are more solid.
We've been cut wide open with 4 at the back but possible because of square pegs in round holes

We can't be reverting to 3CB's every time we face a striker with a bit of pace.

Will be disappointed if Nuno does this, he was all for "make your ideas stronger than theirs" before.
Its the right solutions for the right problems. Do you honestly believe Leicester won't cut us to pieces with the amount of space we leave in a 4?

Its the right solutions for the right problems. Do you honestly believe Leicester won't cut us to pieces with the amount of space we leave in a 4?
Yes, but we should still play it with Hoever and Semedo. It's not about one game it's about understanding and perfecting the system over time so that next season we have it nailed

No, they won’t “cut us open with a 4”

You could swing it the other way and say do you honestly believe we will create anything of note with a 5.
Yeah I agree. We played 5 at the back v Palace and lost. Commit to the 4 and go with that, because we look more like scoring in that formation and we don't look especially solid whatever we play at the back at the moment (unless we literally show zero interest in attacking, like we did v Chelsea - and I for one, have no desire to see a repeat of that).

Hopefully Jose is fit - he's massive for us. Slightly concerned by Nuno saying we have injury "problems", but hopefully he just means none of the left backs are fit yet, rather than any of the other players being injured.

He won't be on the bench, way too early for him. Southampton a maybe.

He won't be on the bench, way too early for him. Southampton a maybe.
With 9 on the bench I wouldn't overly surprised if he takes up one spot just as part of his rehab, having that being involved on a match day feeling back

Yea, we've had an injured Boly and Saiss on the bench so far this season with as much chance of coming on as any of us, so won't hurt to make him feel involved

Hard to predict a team for both sides with injury concerns..i wish we go for a 4 at the back and front four Traore, Pod, Neto and Jose if not just for attacking purpose..maybe Donck in for either Neves or Mout

Jonny is probably still a few weeks from being ready for any first team football but it’s so nice to see him involved in training!

ACL isn’t like any other injury where “it’s healed so crack on”.

It’s remodelling for 2 years (where peak strength is achieved), but 9 months used to be where they thought reward outweighed risk, and 6 months is about as early as you can be to “return to activity”. But returning to activity is a lot different to playing PL football. He’s probably been doing a bit of basic ball work for a while and now is stepping it up to full training, still a controlled environment though. He will still have the ‘mental block’and not playing instinctively and I’m not sure the PL is the best place to do that so he will need to play some games somehow (U23s/ behind closed doors game).

I said mid to late Feb at the earliest in August and that’s still the case. Even later then he’s starting.

Hennessey came back ridiculously quick from his and ended up rerupturing it taking a goal kick. It’s easily done and would be a disaster. So no point taking risks.

Not in any way saying play him or even think about giving him 10 mins here or there but with 4 or 5 of our subs being there for show, it would be great just to have him as part of the group on matchday as he goes into the next stage of his rehab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back