• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester (H) 23/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Managerless then. Again!

We genuinely were ok for quite a bit of Tuesday's game, and Leicester have been terrible all season...but you just can't back us at the moment with any level of confidence.

Hopefully no-one else goes down with the lergy.

-----------------------------Sa------------------------

Jonny--------------Collins-----------Kilman-------Bueno

------------------Neves---------Bouba----------------

--------Adama------------Podence----------Campbell

--------------------------Costa--------------------------

2021/22: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2020/21: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2019/20: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2018/19: W 4-3 (H), L 0-2 (A), D 0-0 (H, LC, lost on pens)
2012/13: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2006/7: L 1-2 (H), W 4-1 (A)
2005/6: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2004/5: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 4-3 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A), W 4-1 (H, FAC)
1995/6: L 2-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1994/5: W 1-0 (H, FAC)

Leicester have just started to improve over the last few games - just our luck . They have scored a lot more goals than we have so far , conceded a shed load early on , but seemed to have stemmed the tide on that front of late .

Right now I'd nearly take a draw if offered .

Is this a six pointer?

-----------------------------Sa------------------------

Jonny--------------Collins-----------Kilman-------Bueno

------------------Neves---------Bouba----------------

--------Adama------------Podence----------Campbell

--------------------------Costa--------------------------

Love this formation, but I'm mildly concerned that Bueno and Campbell together may leave us exposed and inexperienced on the left wing.

Love this formation, but I'm mildly concerned that Bueno and Campbell together may leave us exposed and inexperienced on the left wing.
Just throwing darts at this stage really.

You could swap Adama over to that side but I'm not sure he's helping Hugo out much!

Anyway, Hugo should keep his place, he was excellent in defence and attack.

alternatively, campbell and bueno may know each others games better and therefore compliment each other more?

Just throwing darts at this stage really.

You could swap Adama over to that side but I'm not sure he's helping Hugo out much!

Anyway, Hugo should keep his place, he was excellent in defence and attack.
I think Adama tracked back a bit more than usual against Palace.

I think Adama tracked back a bit more than usual against Palace.
Yeah. I don't think Adama is a lazy player in general (his movement to receive the ball is poor but I don't think is effort related) but at start of season his cameos off the bench were ridiculous in how little he ran. Pretty evident now he was nowhere near fitness, so just another Bruno masterclass there.

I can’t see us winning, Leicester will almost certainly score and I just don’t see us scoring two even if we manage to somehow get one in the net again.

DW's team but can't see it.

Beaten 0-2 when Joe Hodge is in the starting line up along with Hwang.

We’ll lose.

Not that it matters, but I’d go:

Sa
Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Hugo
Neves
Boob-Nunes
Adama-Costa-Podence​

We’ll lose.

Not that it matters, but I’d go:

Sa
Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Hugo
Neves
Boob-Nunes
Adama-Costa-Podence​
Ditto. All depends on fitness though. And I doubt we'll hear about it until afterwards like on Tuesday night.

Should we not try a back five for a change , if we struggle to score, then at least try and prevent goals going in our end as much as possible .

Just a thought .

They’re far better coming forward we’re far better at the back.
Even still I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet, we haven’t scored more than once in the league since Chelsea away last season.

We'll need at least a 2-0 lead at half time as Brodge will be able to adapt his team at half time to counter whatever kind of threat we're able to muster.

We were outwitted against Palace by Viera simply moving Zaha 10 yards inside of Semedo (who had him on a short leash to great effect in the first 45) in the second half. Once that had happened we changed nothing tactically to deal with it. Semedo had no focus and Nunes was left too high up the pitch in no-man's land. We all know how effective our answer of the triple subsition was....

We won't have a 2 goal lead, so we won't win. A draw would be fanciful but luck may be on our side.

They're going to beat us comfortably, aren't they?
They have stopped conceding , they're still scoring , on a little run............yep looks that way .

You know how it goes once the wheels have come off... I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see us lose by 5 or 6 goals: Frank Lampard's Chelsea, Wayne Rooney's Derby will then be followed by 'Crisis Club' Wolves at least until 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back