• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester (H) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGW please. Been brought back, not loaned out again Cutrone style so give him a chance in the position he plays best in. If he's not up to it then sell him in the Summer, but at least give him a chance. If he's been brought back for 2 minute cameos every now and again then that's unfair on him and should have been left where he was.

Please not Moutinho, Neves and Donck as a 3

I’d be happy with MGW too.

Yes Donk cannot play that #8 role. So if a midfield 3 is selected he needs to be deep alongside neves with a #10/ CAM.

We also can’t got from playing a back 7 to a back 4 ( well 3 when Semedo bombs on) with one sitting midfielder. Just bonkers.

Sky sports has announced Vardy is fit to face us , i just hope the defence is tight.

Looks like no Podence from the training pics and videos. Seems everyone else in the first team squad is in those pics/vids.

On Kilman operating at left-back

“We are reasonable enough to understand that it wasn’t his main position. More important than that is we still need options and we must gather as many as we want and Max is one of them, so he has all the confidence and support, more than that, trying to help him find a better way to approach defensive situations when he’s out of his own position.

“From my part, really thankful for the effort Max did and he has to keep on going, because we still have problems, not only Max, but all the players. This was our main message between ourselves – what the team needs, it’s not about you.”

I'd say that indicates he'll be there until Jonny or RAN is back. Assuming he goes with a back four that is.

I can handle him playing there in the next few weeks while RAN, Saiss and Jonny return.

Nuno is right that we need to find a better way to approach those situations though. The Saka chance is a great example, when Partey plays the ball, it's only going one direction as Podence is preventing it being diagonal pass. So why Coady and Boly are sooooo far away from him I really do not know, they should be able to predict that.

Now him being quite cumbersome isn't going to change but we can protect him better for sure. In possession, he can just play nearer to his centre back and allow Neto to hold the width of the pitch on that side. It's far from ideal but we don't have many other options, Hoever doesn't look ready yet (even if he might be better suited to right back in a back four).

On Kilman operating at left-back

“We are reasonable enough to understand that it wasn’t his main position. More important than that is we still need options and we must gather as many as we want and Max is one of them, so he has all the confidence and support, more than that, trying to help him find a better way to approach defensive situations when he’s out of his own position.

“From my part, really thankful for the effort Max did and he has to keep on going, because we still have problems, not only Max, but all the players. This was our main message between ourselves – what the team needs, it’s not about you.”

I'd say that indicates he'll be there until Jonny or RAN is back. Assuming he goes with a back four that is.
Classic Nuno subterfuge

I can handle him playing there in the next few weeks while RAN, Saiss and Jonny return.

Nuno is right that we need to find a better way to approach those situations though. The Saka chance is a great example, when Partey plays the ball, it's only going one direction as Podence is preventing it being diagonal pass. So why Coady and Boly are sooooo far away from him I really do not know, they should be able to predict that.

Now him being quite cumbersome isn't going to change but we can protect him better for sure. In possession, he can just play nearer to his centre back and allow Neto to hold the width of the pitch on that side. It's far from ideal but we don't have many other options, Hoever doesn't look ready yet (even if he might be better suited to right back in a back four).
I never want to see Kilman at LB again.

Hoever has to be a better option at RB and Semedo at LB.

Or Nuno may just be kidding everybody on.

Maybe Hoever is one of those injured and did the role of Boly and Saiss by being the injured player on the bench on Tuesday

Maybe Hoever is one of those injured and did the role of Boly and Saiss by being the injured player on the bench on Tuesday
Wasn't Hoever on the bench the other night?

Wasn't Hoever on the bench the other night?
So was Boly v Burnley when he was injured and Saiss has also been on the bench when injured. Not sure why we have done that really other than to fulfill the 9 subs and they have travelled with the squad.

And Marçal.

Like I said the other day, at the end of the day he's at best fifth choice behind those four, probably realistically sixth behind Semedo too.

We might not want to see him play there, but needs must sometimes. A struggling team is not the right time to play, say, Lewis Richards ahead of him.

Richards would be a pretty similar issue too as he’s not a left back just a left footed centre back.

he’s one I’m interested to see what we do with though as he looks a very good footballer. We got him when Brentford’s academy was closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back