• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

LIVE! Match discussion 2014/15

I'd agree with that YW. Largely it's about the people appointing the coaches and I think that we need forward thinking, attack minded coaches in the Wenger-esque mould. They don't have to be club managers either, they can be assitants

Just seen Cavani's red card from last night. https://vine.co/v/e5TAFtQ3YQg

I doubt there are many more detestable players than Gonzalo Jara in the history of football. I can't stand the guy.

And this is largely why, and I'm Not sure you'll agree on this mind. I'd be in favour of the manager being someone like Rodgers. Not necessarily him but , He has shown he can develop players and least of all he would try to play in a fairly entertaining fashion, if a little naive. Plus he wouldn't be allowed to sign anyone so we take that out of the window too ha!

I'd just like to be entertained. As history shows us, We are generally a quarter final team (ish) which is our level. So it doesn't bother me as much that we lose its just how we do it!

I wouldn't want to swing that far the other way, I have no appetite for watching teams walk through a non-existent midfield and straight onto our back four all the time. Eddie Howe would be a better shout if he sticks with his current principles and does ok next season.

And yes, Gonzalo Jara is a prick.

Just seen this, our players resolutely refusing to leave England probably doesn't help us. Means that anyone not playing for a Champions League club (who in turn, don't ever have that many English players in their starting XI) never gets exposed to anything other than bread and butter PL stuff. I'm not counting the Europa League because none of our clubs take it seriously, the knobs.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...t-michah-richards-ashley-cole-serie-a-england

I dont get some of Gareth Southgates thinking, he adds another striker so has two good headers of the ball should a wide player knock a cross into the box. He then has inverted wide players down the left who then constantly checks back onto their right foot rather than go past a player and deliver a ball into one of the strikers.
I thought for reasonably experienced players some of the English decision making was very poor especially when defending.

Sweden into the semis..happy days! :)..and Peru beating Bolivia 3-1 to go into the semis of copa america...the whole peru is going bananas!

Wtf argentina..penalty takers mostly defensive players..very strange

They went through though now..

Just put the U21 Semi Final on. Portugal 4-0 Germany with 52 minutes gone.

Granted, would still severely deter anyone who's any good from signing for them right now, who wants to chuck six months of their career away.

Oscar's development seems to have stalled a lot over the last 18 months or so, I wonder if Chelsea would have a look.

Women's World Cup Australia vs Japan no goals at half time with Japan looking extremely well drilled with the key feature how they close down space collectively without the ball and force Austraila into hurried and wayward passing. The Aussies have a Matt Jarvis lookalike playing left wing, same stature and running style.

Paraguay oust Brazil. Huge upset.

Fantastic goal from Taylor, pounced on the mistake and an excellent finish.

Brilliant finish. Really pleased she's started today.

Back