• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance. I don't know what people (itv) commentators expect. Portugal were cynical, boring and pathetic. Came and parked the bus. Once we went one nil up we should have just kept giving it to Hart and stayed in our own half with ten men behind the ball.

We have to get Kane off set pieces, I think he's scored one free kick for Spurs and that was massively deflected and over 18 months ago. If Milner's in the team then use him for wide free kicks and corners, he takes them for Liverpool.

We have to get Kane off set pieces, I think he's scored one free kick for Spurs and that was massively deflected and over 18 months ago. If Milner's in the team then use him for wide free kicks and corners, he takes them for Liverpool.

he's also not going to get on the end of them. its like Alan Shearer taking it and having beckham in the box

Townsend should be in the squad purely for offering the option. pointless taking rashford (other than experience) and Barkley as they arent going to get near the pitch bar an injury crisis

Seriously? Impact sub Rashford and similar role for Barkley if we are losing. . shit game tonight. Tactically poor?

Seriously? Impact sub Rashford and similar role for Barkley if we are losing. . shit game tonight. Tactically poor?

Sturridge is going to come in before Rashford. Likewise Sterling and Lallana as seen tonight.

You can only make 3 subs!

If he's going to use the same system as tonight then Sterling and Rooney should be either side of Kane with Wilshere, Dier and Alli behind them. If it's a diamond then Kane and Rooney up front with Alli behind, Wilshere and Milner in the middle and Dier sitting.

Defence seemed to do ok tonight at least

Classic case of wanting to play all of Alli, Rooney, Vardy and Kane in the same side and attempting to shoehorn them all in. The presence of Rooney could end up ballsing this tournament up for us as wherever he plays him in my view there are better options for that position. Personally I'd play the same formation I would have done before the friendlies 4 1 2 1 2. This gets Dier, Alli, Kane Wilshere and Vardy in the side in their best positions and Milner as an additional option to cover the full backs when they are high up the pitch. I understand concerns over the width coming exclusively from them, but this is how we get our most effective players doing what they do best. That side doesn't include Rooney I'm afraid.

I think the fallout from last night has been overly harsh TBH. Pre-tournament fixtures often fall a bit flat, and it must have been frustrating for both managers when Alves decided to go all Bruce Lee and fuck up the Portuguese system.

I don't particularly mind if Roy tries something a bit different in these games and it doesn't work IF he can see it hasn't worked as well, and remembers what DID work in previous games, e.g. Germany. Obviously there's no guarantee of that but let's see what happens.

Personally I'm not overly concerned.

Classic case of wanting to play all of Alli, Rooney, Vardy and Kane in the same side and attempting to shoehorn them all in. The presence of Rooney could end up ballsing this tournament up for us as wherever he plays him in my view there are better options for that position. Personally I'd play the same formation I would have done before the friendlies 4 1 2 1 2. This gets Dier, Alli, Kane Wilshere and Vardy in the side in their best positions and Miller as an additional option to cover the full backs when they are high up the pitch. I understand concerns over the width coming exclusively from them, but this is how we get our most effective players doing what they do best. That side doesn't include Rooney I'm afraid.

I agree with all that. I'd add that we also need a horses for courses approach. If the opposition are going to park the bus from the off then you need neat ball players who can play wide and play in small spaces. That for me is 4-3-3 with Sterling and Lallana in the front 3 and Dier, Alli and Wlishere as the central 3.

Colombia up 2-0 against the US despite the match being pretty much even (surprisingly).

Bigger story; James Rodriguez has just dislocated his left shoulder and could miss a significant chunk of the tournament.

Heads up for the annual Soccer Aid which is usually a good laugh. On now on ITV.

[h=3]Rest of the World squad[/h]Celebrities
Legends
Coaching Staff

Doesn't kick off until 8pm though.

Bunch of real rest of the world celebrities there. As long as the rest of the world only constitutes Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

I'd still give 46 year old Cafu a one year contract :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back