• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

It has been brought forward because City are in the League Cup final and have Champions League commitments in other weeks.

It's been brought forward because Man City were due to play the Everton the weekend of the League Cup final, and have CL games coming up other midweeks.

Cheers gents - nice to see Everton putting their rivalry against Liverpool ahead of trying to catch us in the league :)

Watford for them on Saturday. Nice little 0-0 with plenty of red and yellow cards would be most welcome.

Embarrassing support from a tinpot club in a complete shit hole.

A couple of years ago we attracted just over 4000 for an FA Cup replay, hardly the best placed to call out others shite support are we. Hardly a top draw for them and Moore set out his feelings when he made a load of changes for the 1st game and the moment its on TV the attendence is hugely reduced.

Not a fan of attendance wars

Yeah, and Albion is anything but a tin pot club.

Birmingham City on the other hand..

I don't give a fuck how many people turn up to watch Albion - I just don't want them in the same league, or to draw them in a cup. And TBH I never give them a moment's thought unless I happen to be watching one of their games on TV.

The BCD is just horrible - I wouldn't be upset if we never have to play them again.

Not fussed either, but it does rankle that the most recent result is a 1–5. I'd like to reverse that, at least. A whole generation has (with some justification) grown up believing that they have permanent bragging rights. That's a delusion that ought to be redressed. (Mind you, they think they're bigger than Villa too. Even under Fosun it's going to take us a while to match their record.)

A couple of years ago we attracted just over 4000 for an FA Cup replay, hardly the best placed to call out others shite support are we. Hardly a top draw for them and Moore set out his feelings when he made a load of changes for the 1st game and the moment its on TV the attendence is hugely reduced.

Not a fan of attendance wars

Exactly.

I don't care how many fans were/weren't there for a cup replay that neither team was particularly bothered about winning.

However, I couldn't help but chuckle when I heard their fans start singing 'We've got Kanu, Robson-Kanu...'

You heard them? How loud was your TV #attendancebantz

Not fussed either, but it does rankle that the most recent result is a 1–5. I'd like to reverse that, at least. A whole generation has (with some justification) grown up believing that they have permanent bragging rights. That's a delusion that ought to be redressed. (Mind you, they think they're bigger than Villa too. Even under Fosun it's going to take us a while to match their record.)

Meh - I don't see the relevance to February 2019 TBH. Life's too short.

Saw a tweet from one of our fans earlier (who has a very high opinion of himself) saying that rivalry is what football is all about. I appreciate that for some fans, it's important but I just find it a bit sad that people get off on bragging rights to such an extent.

The fact we're experiencing such great times as Wolves fans both on and off the pitch is vastly more important than boasting about it like an 8 year old. I found that tweet really childish. Because I don't really care about what Albion, Villa etc do that doesn't make me less of a fan - after decades of dross, I'm just pleased we are where we are.

Meh - I don't see the relevance to February 2019 TBH. Life's too short.

Saw a tweet from one of our fans earlier (who has a very high opinion of himself) saying that rivalry is what football is all about. I appreciate that for some fans, it's important but I just find it a bit sad that people get off on bragging rights to such an extent.

The fact we're experiencing such great times as Wolves fans both on and off the pitch is vastly more important than boasting about it like an 8 year old. I found that tweet really childish. Because I don't really care about what Albion, Villa etc do that doesn't make me less of a fan - after decades of dross, I'm just pleased we are where we are.

Well, exactly. Shut the fuckers up!

Although I find some of the faux rivalry with Villa tiresome and the BCD a pain, I am however very much enjoying being the only West Midlands team in the PL and hope it continues for many years to come so I guess therefore I do care about the results of the Brummie 3

Don't overly care about Villa now Xia, Wyness and Bruce have all gone.

I probably wish say, Middlesbrough more ill will than them at the moment, purely because Pulis is a stain on football who I'd like to see removed forever.

If I want bragging rights over Albion (not generally top of my list of tasks for the day) then I'll just have a look at the current league table and squad lists.

He should be nicked. It's 100% intentional, as he looks right at Oliveira before stamping on him.

If he hadn't meant it he'd have turned around straight away, he takes a few strides before claiming innocence.

If he hadn't meant it he'd have turned around straight away, he takes a few strides before claiming innocence.

Absolutely - I really hope the FA will get off their arses and get involved. Would imagine they’ll hide til it blows over though.

Back