• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has, by two places :)

Obviously it's not keeping me up at night, but it does feel like he is getting more credit than he deserves simply because he is Patrick Vieira.
His managerial record was very average prior to Palace and it had the feeling that he only got the job due to his playing career. Think most expected it to be a Frank & Everton job, so fact he is doing better then most expectations comes into it.

He has, by two places :)

Obviously it's not keeping me up at night, but it does feel like he is getting more credit than he deserves simply because he is Patrick Vieira.

When Hodgson left pretty much everyone agreed that it could go horribly wrong that's probably why he is getting more credit, he's done a good job helped by very smart recruitment (pretty much the opposite to ourselves) Guehi, Anderson, Olise, Gallagher and Edouard have all improved them and most of them are young enough to improve further.

When Hodgson left pretty much everyone agreed that it could go horribly wrong that's probably why he is getting more credit, he's done a good job helped by very smart recruitment (pretty much the opposite to ourselves) Guehi, Anderson, Olise, Gallagher and Edouard have all improved them and most of them are young enough to improve further.
It seems it's just me then.

7 wins and 12th just seems par, given the players that he has been furnished with i think he should have done better if anything.

He's done well in the cup though, beating Everton, Stoke, Hartlepool and Millwall.

Vieira is doing a good job there, they’ve been quite unlucky results wise. Comprehensively beaten us twice this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if they finished above us next season.

Vieira is doing a good job there, they’ve been quite unlucky results wise. Comprehensively beaten us twice this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if they finished above us next season.
Lage must be doing a bloody amazing job then! We're 12 points above them, despite giving them 6 points.

Last edited:
Lage must be doing a bloody amazing job then! We're 12 points above them, despite giving them 6 points.
If we finish 8th or lower, a few league places wont really matter in the grand scheme of things and they've prbably played better stuff aesthetically than us and that does matter if you finish in the mid table positions.

We’ve over-performed points wise and they’ve under-performed, I don’t think there’s a huge different.

And Bruno is doing a good job overall I’d say

It does seem some are happy to give credit elsewhere, even to those who are doing worse than we are?

Look at what Bruno inherited last season? Was it vastly different to what Vieira did? We finished 1 point and 1 place above them, yet we are now 12 points and 4 places above them. (of course we can only speak of where we are now, that may change)

They spent 66 million in the summer (and got Gallagher), and a further 10 million in January, i don't think what Vieira is doing is anyway above par to be honest, and if he is deemed to be doing a good job then Lage deserves a hell of a lot more credit.

But ill leave it there :)

I guess the difference is Nuno got sacked for underperforming so the starting expectation media wise on Bruno was higher.

Moutinho playing in a midfield 3 of him Fernandes and Silva. He'll be 5 foot 6 by full time.
Rui dropped

Until Boris persuades FIFA to do the right thing...

What do you expect with that useless cunt Immobile considered no.1 choice? Italy were dog shit and got exactly what they deserved, at least they won't be stinking out the WC this year.

Cunts.

Excellent win for Wales, albeit we should've been out of sight earlier and avoided the nervy end.

Italy - astonishing. 32 shots to 4.

Apparently they haven't scored from open play since beating Belgium at the euros.

Turkey missed a late penalty to equalise against Portugal before conceding again in stoppage time.

Apparently they haven't scored from open play since beating Belgium at the euros.
As above, not surprising with the over reliance on that cunt Immobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back