• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent game that. Both sides had some good moments and others where they have work to do.

Maguire looks done, reminds me of a less overweight version of Paul Butler when we had to drop him in 2002. Needs a move (though United will find it hard to shift him) and a reset. He shouldn't be in the squad for now, he's all over the place.

Yep positioning was all over the place tonight, and was in a frankly odd position for the goal. Although Trippier went on a little wonder to.
He’s getting in based on trust, club and history.
I’ll be harsh but England won’t win anything with Southgate in charge to reactive. He’ll probably always get us to at worse a QF but as I’m going the distance can’t see it.

Saka is an exceptional talent. He carried Arsenal for a lot of last season and has been on the go pretty much non-stop for twelve months. Poor tonight no doubt, but we're fortunate to now have ridiculous depth in those positions.

2700.jpg

The most expensive defender in the world, ever.

I do feel for him. He rushed back into the Euros last summer from an injury, was brilliant but since that tournament has clearly needed time to recover properly and not had it.

Was never worth 80m but he is a good defender. Thought Varane arriving might actually take some pressure off of him too but that hasn't helped at all so far.

Boy howdy, Scotland are terrible.

This ref is an inconsistent buffoon having said England look like conceding every time Italy come forward. Lost count how many times an Italian player has got in behind Trippier.

Very meh game. Oh look Maguire, Sterling and Mount are playing….surrrfuckingprize

It's interesting. I can only speak from the Welsh perspective on this, where we have been to England what Walsall are to Wolves for pretty much all my existence on this dustball. It's actually great to take on England as "near equals and actually quite exciting". Scotland football fans see it very very differently, auld enemy and all that.

Now, in rugby, I have happily worn shirts about only two teams I ever support, Wales and whoever is playing England. That is where the Wales England hate is, and I think it is actually fairly mutual in Rugby. Yet we play each other every year, minimum, the games never have any crowd nastiness, and they are bloody incredible events to attend. The ABE fucking arrogance shit is very much (for me at least) based in rugby. However, I must stress that when I haven't had a ticket (regularly as they can be like bloody gold dust!), I have watched games with very good friends like Dan and co who are obviously massive England fans. Banter is massive on both sides, but there is mutual respect too. I respected the England 2003 World Cup side (through gritted teeth - but I took it in good part).

I am looking forward to taking on England in the World Cup, in the same way as it was very exciting in the Euros in 2016. It will be a fairly meh match I suspect, as the two teams don't seem to create classics when they play, but there will be a decent frisson that should create a great atmosphere.
Being an England fan in Cardiff for a 6 Nations game is anything but nice. In the ground there is little or no nastiness but in town afterwards it’s a different matter.
On the return train to Shrewsbury I’ve seen gangs of Welsh ‘fans’ abuse the few, normally elderly, English supporters mercilessly. What I would say though is that it’s drink driven and appears to be carried out by fans that travel to Cardiff to watch the game in pubs rather than the ground. I’ve been to all the 6N away games at least once and it’s only in Cardiff that there are issues.
Of course it doesn’t fit the narrative so is overlooked and never reported.

Lol thats an epic attempt to switch play from Maguire instead puts it out for a goal kick

Just a reminder this is a very inexperienced Italian side one of their players hasn’t even played a top flight game.

We’re going backwards under Southgate. Had our peak a couple of years ago, IMO.

Yeah we had our chance to win something with the home advantage of the Euro's. We've been bang average in all three of these nations league games apart from the last 15 against Germany. We could in theory get relegated from the top tier too after that Hungarian defeat.

Yeah we had our chance to win something with the home advantage of the Euro's. We've been bang average in all three of these nations league games apart from the last 15 against Germany. We could in theory get relegated from the top tier too after that Hungarian defeat.
To be fair, it's fookin daft they are making Nations play 4 games. Hardly any of the players want to do this and hence shite games and some odd results across the fixtures.

To be fair, it's fookin daft they are making Nations play 4 games. Hardly any of the players want to do this and hence shite games and some odd results across the fixtures.
They have all been piss poor games, I suppose with the world cup being in November UEFA had to squeeze a load of extra fixtures in somewhere though.

when in the calendar can you play them then? Pretty much the schedule you get at tournaments

The nations league is shite in general. They're just friendly games nobody cares about. Players playing this basically get 3 weeks break before pre season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back