• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

I'll just point out that a still image doesn't capture the pace of the ball.

It's a shameful dive regardless.
OK...if we're playing that game, then it doesn't show the pace of the player either.
At least you agree it is shameful.

Okay, let's accept he's getting to it.

Does that make it better or worse?
Let's just say that there is a clear guideline about embellishment. And if this wasn't embellishment, I don't know what is.

Okay, let's accept he's getting to it.

Does that make it better or worse?
Worse, of course worse. Because he's choosing to take the dive and try and win a penalty rather than score.

That's the whole basis of the point being made and where this hypocrisy claim falls on it's face.

Because it IS different trying win a penalty when your chance of scoring is low, trying to win one when your chance of scoring is very high is cheating for cheating's sake, which is why Wright and Shearer make the points they do.

It worked.

More the fool, us, I guess.

And Jota could have got to it.

The angle would have been a lot worse than it could have been though

Diogo is a great teammate. Knowing that Liverpool were ahead and likely to win anyway, he eschewed a chance to score himself in order to give his buddy Salah a chance redeem himself after missing an earlier spot kick.

He's a good guy.

Diogo is a great teammate. Knowing that Liverpool were ahead and likely to win anyway, he eschewed a chance to score himself in order to give his buddy Salah a chance redeem himself after missing an earlier spot kick.

He's a good guy.
An early contender for “Positive spin of the year”!

He's a good guy.
He came up with all that in the spilt second that Dubravka touched him?
He's duped the ref. He's cheated.
Players do it.
When ours do it we say 'yeah, well they all do it' or 'every team has got one'.
When someone does it to us we say 'dirty, cheating bastard'.

Billy has nailed his sarcasm early doors in 2024. Well played sir

When ours do it we say 'yeah, well they all do it' or 'every team has got one'.
Na, if Jota was in a Wolves shirt and had passed up the opportunity to score, instead choosing to take an awful dive we'd all be asking why just like Liverpool fans I know are asking

He's lucky he got a penalty and that it wasn't important in the grand scheme of things.

Na, if Jota was in a Wolves shirt and had passed up the opportunity to score, instead choosing to take an awful dive we'd all be asking why just like Liverpool fans I know are asking

He's lucky he got a penalty and that it wasn't important in the grand scheme of things.
Probably would have got booked for diving if he was wearing a Wolves shirt!

For all the excitement of last night's game we pay for it by being shown this shower of shit tonight. Truly awful game of football.

Not watched it as I could’ve put money on it being poor with West Ham being involved yet Sky seem adamant to force them upon us on almost a weekly basis.

My brother got up at stupid o clock to watch it. I have wisely decided against such a move.

Anyone needing to catch up with their sleep should tune into the Palace v Everton borefest. Absolutely dire game.

It's not been that bad, Everton look a fair way better than Palace which is a worrying sign for the latter.

Eze also needs to cut out the diving, really poor from him and it's becoming a theme.

It’s nowhere near as bad as the Moyes bore fest on Tuesday. Is what it is two average PL sides. Shocking choice by ITV, seems that all TV terrestrial TV companies seem adamant that every game has to involve at least one PL side

Back