• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Its an interesting question of when the England football team first started adding the cross of St.George onto the kit. It never used to be on it. And why was it added? Come to that, when did the Scots add the saltire to their kit and why?
Dunno about Wales and the Welsh dragon. Theres no tricolour on the Irish shirt as far as Im aware.
Germans have the DFB logo. Dutch have the KVNB lion.

Crests aren’t flags for a huge number of international sides.

They're treating it like a religious icon ffs.

Englands crest is the symbol of the England national team not the cross of St George.
3 lions as the coat of arms dates back over 800 years. The 10 red/white roses also represent the 10 tiers of English football.
Combination of the roses also represents the unification of the house of Lancaster and York.
If they fuck around with that then it’s time to get upset but the cross of St George is a relatively new thing on shirts.

Why? I absolutely would Foden on the left, Saka on the right, Kane down the middle
Sounds good, never seen Foden on the left tbh. On the right Saka gets my vote. Our left hand side is an issue imo, Grealish and Rashford not sufficient at the top level, and worse still behind them, Chilwell not technically good enough, Shaw is, but regularly unavailable.
(Depends on the opposition obvs).
Im talking about actually trying to win something 😄.
Any suggestions? Anyone? So I can check them out.

Sounds good, never seen Foden on the left tbh. On the right Saka gets my vote. Our left hand side is an issue imo, Grealish and Rashford not sufficient at the top level, and worse still behind them, Chilwell not technically good enough, Shaw is, but regularly unavailable.
(Depends on the opposition obvs).
Im talking about actually trying to win something 😄.
Any suggestions? Anyone? So I can check them out.
He scored a hat trick from the left against Brentford

It’s pretty damn scary on paper tbh.

The mighty Brentford?
Ive never seen Foden play on the left for Man City, id be interested to see it if anyone has links to some highlights?

The mighty Brentford?
Ive never seen Foden play on the left for Man City, id be interested to see it if anyone has links to some highlights?

Scoring a hatrick is pretty emphatic though

It is actually. Just been trying to find them on YouTube. (Not the Brentford stuff) The Foden playing on the left stuff.
This is for 20-23 but took me all of 30s of Googling.

“Phil can play in five positions,” Guardiola said in October 2022. “I would say he can even play as a left-back. He played a few minutes there at home and he played really well.” Over the past three seasons, Foden has played a huge variety of positions for City.

phil-foden-positions-played-for-manchester-city-1024x1024.jpeg

This is for 20-23 but took me all of 30s of Googling.

“Phil can play in five positions,” Guardiola said in October 2022. “I would say he can even play as a left-back. He played a few minutes there at home and he played really well.” Over the past three seasons, Foden has played a huge variety of positions for City.

View attachment 10004
Show me a link of some film of him playing there. There us none.
I'll wait.

Back