• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I'm still in the camp that Silva is going to be a good player (I know we've overpaid, but that's not on him) - but come on. He needed the spell out on loan, some regular football and a few goals.
Looking at Costa, Raul, and Sasa, he'd be getting games.
More likely to score than Raul, Costa, Adama, Nunes, Neves, Moutinho, Sarabia, Cunha...I could go on.
Admittedly he's never going to be a true centre forward but probably 8-12 goals a season

Very poor from Raul, Mout, Sarabia, Pod, Nunes and Adama tonight. Basically our entire front line. Looked like we were in it to win until they attacked for the first time and we looked totally rattled. If you'd have asked me then I'd have said it would be the defence to let us down.

But then the link up play stopped and we went back to looking like the forwards had never met. Mout playing balls to nowhere, Raul barely existing, Nunes in the wrong position doing one cool thing and messing up the basics. Sarabia has effort but little to work with. Ait-Nouri only looked half bothered defending at times, completely switched off for their first goal.

Dawson MOTM and Sa gave another solid performance.

Without Cunha, Hwang or Neto we don't have any directness. The sooner one of them is back the better.

Very surprised he’s not given Neto any time off the bench, considering how toothless we’ve looked. No hope of him starting against Spurs. Christ, I hope Cunha is available, because I don’t think I can sit and watch Raul start another match.

After the Southampton game is was very confident we’d be staying up, last three games have severely dented my confidence on that Bournemouth & tonight were just very Lage type performances, Fulham we played well but were still unable to see it through.
Played 25 scored 18, if we don’t improve that stat then we’re going down unless we 0-0 every game from now until the end of the season.

After 10 minutes, we’d had 4 shots with 1 on target.

After 90 minutes, we’d had 4 shots with 1 on target.

(This is not meant to refute Dan above)

The only similarity is both managers had the same shit forwards, performances in the first two thirds of the pitch are vastly improved.

It will be touch and go for us right until the end of the season as there is no silver bullet in this squad to change the issue of scoring goals. There's just not enough goals in the forward players we have. I still think we will stay up but think it will be close.

Looking at Costa, Raul, and Sasa, he'd be getting games.
More likely to score than Raul, Costa, Adama, Nunes, Neves, Moutinho, Sarabia, Cunha...I could go on.
Admittedly he's never going to be a true centre forward but probably 8-12 goals a season
Costa wasn't here when Silva went out on loan, neither was Cunha or Sarabia, so how you knew at the time he went out I'll never know. Proper ITK stuff

Sasa has played 45 minutes, way to write him off

Haaland isn't getting 8-12 goals in this side, let alone Silva

Costa wasn't here when Silva went out on loan, neither was Cunha or Sarabia, so how you knew at the time he went out I'll never know. Proper ITK stuff

Sasa has played 45 minutes, way to write him off

Haaland isn't getting 8-12 goals in this side, let alone Silva
May as well relegate us now then

May as well relegate us now then
Well, there is a reason we are in a relegation battle. A lack of goals.

The issue is creating chances, could have anyone you like up front but of you dont create your won't score

Well, there is a reason we are in a relegation battle. A lack of goals.

The issue is creating chances, could have anyone you like up front but of you dont create your won't score
So is that down to recruitment or 'coaching'?
We've got a plethora of midfielders and several 'wide' players all fairly pricey.
Must be down to coaching.

Having someone up front who can’t score but can hold the ball up reliably would be an improvement.

Costa only seems to come on when we’re chasing the game which is silly to me.

Back