• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He has said “we”, if you’re willing to be charitable.

Not bothered If he says we or even I, just do it. Not overly bothered about the result tonight, you'd expect to lose. Worried about the strategy though, not just today, but in a number of games. I still think we'll be OK, some of the thinking is flawed though

Just got in. Dismal performance. Especially in the second half. If I see Podence do one more fancy little flick I think I might self combust. The only positive of the night was the traffic wasn’t too bad getting out.

Big pressure on JL now to get us through the rest of the season and maintain our status as a PL team . We could be fine by mid April , but it's unlikely when goals are so hard to come by for us .

The honeymoon period is well and truly over for JL .

Just can’t believe we got rid of one of our top scorers in Guedes…

I think yesterday marked the end of Lop’s extended honeymoon period. He needs to find a way to create more chances. He could start by stopping playing Moutinho in an advanced midfield role where he offers practically no goal threat and accepting Raul is nowhere near the level required.

Those stat won’t help you swallow the inevitable season ticket price hike incoming for 23/24.
Got to imagine they won’t increase the price for championship football.

Yeah the cramming of all the central midfield options in needs to stop really, we werent terrible first half but in games like that you have to provide at least some threat going the other way and we had nothing. The problem at number 9 is more difficult to fix as there isn't really a good option available.

Don't think the 'safety first' playing mentality we've have for years helps.

But definitely... please stop buying/loaning player after player after player with no history of goals or goal contributions and just expecting them to suddenly smash it in WV1

Top is doing a lot of heavy lifting when you are talking about 1 goal in 22
Was a tongue in cheek comment. I do feel there is a concern that 2 new signings in the forward positions haven’t really improved things..

Was a tongue in cheek comment. I do feel there is a concern that 2 new signings in the forward positions haven’t really improved things..

We needed a player to shake up the forward line the way Dawson and Lemina have to the defence and midfield

Got to hope Cunha is a) fit and b) can do that.

Doesn't seem likely.

This is the reason why predicting us to go down isn’t a bad shout, admittedly it’s similar problem across bottom 7 sides.
If we survive this has to be resolved otherwise it’s much of the same next season.
Score less than a goal per game and you’re asking for trouble.
Almost certain over the last 3 seasons we’re below that.

After a year without a CF scoring surely it must dawn on the management that none of them are up to it so try something different. Obviously we haven’t got the players that City have but they stopped playing a CF. It worked because they then had lots of players arriving in the box and many of the goals didn’t require a finisher’s instinct, they were just tap ins. Get Sarabia, Cunha, Neto, Nunes and in the absence of anyone else Pod in and around the box and we’ll create more than we have in recent games. Not ideal but it’s madness persisting with Raul and Costa.

Back