• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Shame, really. I really thought we could get something out of this game. Ah well. Hopefully Saturday it will be better. Better be as I'm going from Brussels on purpose 😂

Played well for about 10 minutes. Then we just...stopped?

One or two half decent performances (Lemina probably pick of the bunch, again) but some real dross as well

Hope Bueno is not too serious as RAN put in another performance where he wildly overcomplicated things and gave the ball away anytime we looked to go forward down the left

I'm struggling to get my head around the fact we are going to go a full calendar year without a PL goal from an actual centre forward.

Second half terrible. Centre backs (who both did well) had way too much to deal with. Lemina and Neves good for 60 then got overrun.

If we stay up got to rip up the attack and start again basically

We miss Hwang and Cunha, neither of which have scored a league goal for us this season, and haven’t looked like scoring. Absolute shambles.

Too many 0/10s again tonight. Just awful, not happy. Obvious before the game and that’s how it played out. They were bang average too.

Making more angry than it should do really.

Even though we were OK first half and limited them we weren't offering any threat so you always knew if it went 1-0 it was going to be over. The subs made us look even worse again as well

First 10 minutes good the final 80 a waste of everyone’s time.
I said before kick off it would be a routine 2-0 defeat and so it was. We offered nothing second half and I mean nothing not one attempt on goal.
Team selection was wrong as a lot predicted pre match.
Slow ponderous and zero creativity.
It’s sad to see how bad Raul is now as a player, that hopefully is the last he plays for us as he’s just not up to this level, Friday night was a flash in the pan I’m afraid.
Podence and Traore sorry but the sooner they go the better one is a sulk and the other just isn’t very good at all.
Nunes is proving to be an awful signing in relation to what we’d have hoped for.
Really not sure about this team currently whilst they’re more than capable of getting us safe they’re equally as capable of taking us down. That’s 2/3 now where they’ve looked toothless again, what is certain we’re not going to pull away from the bottom 3 anytime soon.

Shite. Lop picked a negative team and we got a negative, disjointed performance.

I feel like he’s trying to be too clever. Just pick your best team and put players in their best positions. I appreciate we’re struggling up top, but to leave Raul on for 80 odd minutes when he’s genuinely embarrassing himself and causing us nothing but problems is a shocker.

Poor starting 11, poor subs, poor tactics, poor in game management.

Podence’s attitude absolutely stinks.

We’ve had 9 touches in the opposition box tonight. 0 shots on target in the second half of the last 2 games, not a single shot in anger in the last 45 tonight. You can dress it up any way you like, but that’s poor.

Two weeks ago I thought we were looking up the table. Now we’re nervously glancing over our shoulders again.

All a bit saft in the second, basically as soon as Sarabia left the game. Real shame as Liverpool aren't any good, really. Adam and Podence basically anonymous. Not a fan of Moutinho starting either.

Bizarre that we look so much more effective with Hwang on the pitch because he's really not a very talented player.

Ah well, game a Anfield isn't really going to make or break out season.

I'd happily never see Podence, Traore or Raul play for us again.

Pod will never be anything other than a 1:8 player. He's an absolute disgrace off the bench.

I was bored of Traore in 2020/21. I'm not opening up another debate on him we all know what he is by now. If the rumours of Atleti are true I hope he signs it and we fuck him off into the wilderness.

Raul is the most painful because you get the occasional glimpse of what he was and you hope and will for him to come back but he's utterly finished.

We've got a front three which play like strangers but they've played with each other for years and combined hundreds of appearances.

When Raul/Costa fail to score on Saturday that will be a year since a striker last scored a goal for us. Its a mental statistic.

Ah well, game a Anfield isn't really going to make or break out season.
No, but when you lose 1-0 at home to Bournemouth, it puts an unnecessary pressure on games like tonight to get points. Plus we weren’t exactly playing peak Liverpool!

Back