• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 16/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name one player on our bench who is good enough to come on score/create? We've no one who can change a game, if we can't put the game away in the first half we will lose. Should have been 3-0 up at half time.
Sasha, but we can't seem to trust him to play more than 30 minutes, nor do anything but hoof it to him when he's on the pitch

Unfortunately with this team and this management you can't see anything but relegation in our future.
Even with our faults I can’t see it yet.

We're in a conundrum as clearly we're a team who aren't going to score goals without a striker (but likely play better as a team without one). However when we play an actual striker he's completely isolated and we can't really create any chances at all.

We also didn't track a player that ran 40 yards, or managed to make a challenge.

If Lemina gives the ball away 40 yards from goal, is a goal directly his fault?
Yeah but who started it? Jose Sa

It's the defence that concerns me more than anything. Absolute bobbins.

Unfair in my view.
O’Neil deserves a lot of credit for the first half performance, and the players are clearly playing for him.
It was surely missing those chances that did for us and that’s down to the players.
Liverpool were clinical. We were wasteful. Also they have better players.
It’s a combination of the players missing gilt edge chances (same issue we’ve had for years - I’m bored of hearing about it), and GoN’s inexperience.

The impact Neto had in the first half, he then doesn’t get a kick in the first 10-15 mins of the second half due to a tactical switch from Klopp, and GoN has no answer. What has Doc done since coming on? How has Sasa not got on when we have Fabio flouncing about offering the square root of fuck all?

You may say it’s unfair, but he’s just really inexperienced and it has shown in more or less every game we’ve had this season.

We're in a conundrum as clearly we're a team who aren't going to score goals without a striker (but likely play better as a team without one). However when we play an actual striker he's completely isolated and we can't really create any chances at all.
That's spot on, sadly.

FT.

Verdict thread is up. I'll leave this open for 5 mins so Pad doesn't go to bed angry.
In fairness to Pad, the full-time whistle has only just gone on my TNT app as well.

What are we expecting him to do? If he changed shape, players are out of position. If he makes a sub the replacement is absolutely miles off in quality.

We are one dimensional but I don't think we actually have the players to do anything else.
Literally any change would’ve been good. It was clear after 55’ that Liverpool’s change in shape had nullified most of our threat going forward. It also upended our midfield dominance.

Rather than adjust our own shape in any way to compensate, we continued exactly as we had been, getting pressed deeper and deeper until eventually Kilman got exposed.

Hell, even when Boubacar came on, he was playing where JRB did. You don’t necessarily need to make a sub to make a tweak, yet we just carried on as if the ship wasn’t sinking.

We also didn't track a player that ran 40 yards, or managed to make a challenge.

If Lemina gives the ball away 40 yards from goal, is a goal directly his fault?
I can't defend (no pun intended) the defence for their non defending.

But to suggest Sa giving the ball to Robertson and seven seconds later Robertson scores, doesn't directly lead to a goal is disingenuous.

Because, I have eyes, I can clearly see that it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back