• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 16/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will continually happen to us.

Today you can see we have the players (or enough of them).

We have a manager (like Lage) who is not fit for purpose.

Starting to agree now. As soon as he gets worked out there's just no answer from the team, no adjustment, nothing. And I don't think that's down to the players as they can quite clearly play.

More to it this week, IMO.

First half we got the tactics absolutely spot on. Completely took them apart. Second half they adjusted, and our attempt to respond has been a wet blanket.

This is two matches in a row now that O’Neil has failed to adapt our play to the adjustments of the opposition. It’s clear he can plan well given time, but if he can’t do it on the fly, other managers at this level will have the freedom of Sundays during every second half against us.
Very harsh that. We should have been three up at half time and it's game over. Klopp threw a load of expensive attacking subs on at half time but despite that was still a very tight game. They've scored off a Sa fuck up and a breakaway deflection. And Oliver fucked us.

More to it this week, IMO.

First half we got the tactics absolutely spot on. Completely took them apart. Second half they adjusted, and our attempt to respond has been a wet blanket.

This is two matches in a row now that O’Neil has failed to adapt our play to the adjustments of the opposition. It’s clear he can plan well given time, but if he can’t do it on the fly, other managers at this level will have the freedom of Sundays during every second half against us.

Our squad is not good enough. The balance is shit, we have 2 viable wingers & 7 Cms. Our attacking options off the bench are nonexistent so the only thing you can do is make a negative change.

Unfortunately with this team and this management you can't see anything but relegation in our future.

Very harsh that. We should have been three up at half time and it's game over. Klopp threw a load of expensive attacking subs on at half time but despite that was still a very tight game. They've scored off a Sa fuck up and a breakaway deflection. And Oliver fucked us.
This is a very optimistic reading of the second half, IMV.

Fabio Silva is shite. We need to give up thinking he's up to PL standard. If he's not slow off the pace he is in an offside position.

Our squad is not good enough. The balance is shit, we have 2 viable wingers & 7 Cms. Our attacking options off the bench are nonexistent so the only thing you can do is make a negative change.
I’m talking tactics more than subs; I can’t fault GO entirely for that.

Yep. His tactics always seem to get worked out at half time and there's no answer.
Thing is today, Liverpool were never going to as bad 2nd half. We couldn’t whether the storm.

First half has bit us in the arse

This will continually happen to us.

Today you can see we have the players (or enough of them).

We have a manager (like Lage) who is not fit for purpose.

Name one player on our bench who is good enough to come on score/create? We've no one who can change a game, if we can't put the game away in the first half we will lose. Should have been 3-0 up at half time.

1-3. Gutted.

First half performance we shouldn’t be losing today. GoN’s half time team talk, his negative substitutions and his lack of experience at the top table has cost us badly. Chuck all that in with Cunha missing an open goal from 2 foot out and we’ve ultimately got what we deserve.

Another blot on the GoN book today.
Unfair in my view.
O’Neil deserves a lot of credit for the first half performance, and the players are clearly playing for him.
It was surely missing those chances that did for us and that’s down to the players.
Liverpool were clinical. We were wasteful. Also they have better players.

Bellegarde doesn't look like a winger, Ciquinho went straight back on loan and Fernandez is raw. In Docherty we trust.

I’m talking tactics more than subs; I can’t fault GO entirely for that.

What are we expecting him to do? If he changed shape, players are out of position. If he makes a sub the replacement is absolutely miles off in quality.

We are one dimensional but I don't think we actually have the players to do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back