• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Sure, but if you ask someone to chop down a tree and then give them the choice of doing it with a stick or a rock, they’re gonna look dumb no matter which they choose.

We don’t have any sawblades in the cupboard just now.

Think that's letting the club off a bit too easily.

The recruitment team, with JL actively involved, had the January transfer window and a considerable pot of money to get said sawblade, and got Cunha, who looks like... a katana?!

Think that's letting the club off a bit too easily.

The recruitment team, with JL actively involved, had the January transfer window and a considerable pot of money to get said sawblade, and got Cunha, who looks like... a katana?!
Let's hope he can start slicing through defences.

Some excellent points being made. Where we are now isn’t great and if we can manage to stay up. Lopetegui can hopefully work his magic in the summer and with a full pre-season behind him be in a better position.

There’s a good change that a number of players from last night, including the ones we are rightfully criticising move on. I don’t think I could hack another three seasons of an Adama performance like last nights.

Cunha makes us look more likely to score goals as he links play well. See Friday vs last night for details. He's not the man who is going to put it in the net too often though.

I can see where Johnny was coming from when comparing him to Fiminho, we don't have Salah or Mane though

Just two more notes from last night:

1) Fabinho was slightly fortunate that his challenge on Lemina wasn't a straight red for me, right over the top of the ball. He's got form for this as well. Then definitely should have got a second yellow for cynically taking out Gomes when he was on the break.

2) Harvey Elliott is a cheating little wanker with the worst haircut in the league. Embarrassing on all counts.
I thought it was a red for Fabinho tbh. Yet I spoke to another wolves fan who thought it was a foul by lemina. Weird one

I didn't see the game last night, I see Raul getting pelters a lot, but was it all on him or was half of it having little or no support?
It wasn’t all him. However, the lack of a focal point in that he held up nothing, won very few headers is on him.

On the whole it was a very poor performance with only 3 or 4 players putting in decent performances

On the whole it was a very poor performance with only 3 or 4 players putting in decent performances
Sa, all the back four (including both LBs) and Lemina were all good IMO. Maybe a slight question mark with Sa on the first goal, could he have knocked it round the post rather than back into play, but that's a tough one (probably actually helped Liverpool that it hit VVD's shoulder and looped weirdly rather than a standard header). Neves was fine, not at his best but perfectly decent. Gomes looked ok when he came on without having a huge impact.

Ahead of that, no-one played well. I've seen Adama have dozens of bad games but he seemed determined to make a fresh bid for the top three last night before he (hopefully) does one in the summer, absolutely awful. But he only replaced Sarabia who on the night wasn't much better.

I don't think I can take the sight of Adama sat on his arse and throwing his hands up in the air any more

Sa’s distribution is still questionable. A number of times he kicked the ball upfield with that much slice/spin on it whoever it was meant to land at would have had no hope of controlling it easily.

Sky's report strongly suggests they believe Fabinho should have been sent off (leaving aside the clear second yellow he should have had).

skysports-fabinho-mario-lemina_6074561.jpg

In truth, they probably should have received the opposite in the 53rd minute when Fabinho escaped a red card - and a VAR review - when he stamped on Mario Lemina as the two midfielders contested a loose ball.

The none 2nd yellow would surely have been a 1st yellow at that point in the game wouldn't it?

Without a doubt.

Also Neves got booked for mouthing off (again) last night so he's now on 8. He can only get a maximum of one booking now up to and including Leicester away on 22nd April (7 games in that time), or it's a two game ban.

Good to see no yellow cards again for multiple Liverpool players running towards and surrounding the ref on numerous occasions last night

Good to see no yellow cards again for multiple Liverpool players running towards and surrounding the ref on numerous occasions last night
After Lemina there was a token booking of Dias the next day I think then the stupid 'rule' was forgotten, not sure it has been applied at any other time?

hi guys,im a fan from n ireland,and dont know as much as u folks,but i always wonder why oh why arent some strikers given a chance from the under 23 team(or whatever it called these days)
is it not impossible to do any worse scoring wise than the disciples that are given the role of trying to score on the senior team for god know how long?

Anyone we have at that level is nowhere near capable of playing in the Premier League right now, like they'd make Joe Hodge look like a seasoned pro. You'd do more harm than good throwing them in.

None of them are even prolific at age group level. For reference we had Benny Ashley-Seal a few years back who actually did go on a good run in that team. He scored 2 in 32 for Northampton after leaving us in 2020 and now plays in Finland.

i seen hodge playing fot first team few times,im not kidding,i do think he can make it,obviously manager sees something in him.
I think the fact he not the tallest,then if he makes a bad pass it seems to highlight it more.

what is it with wolves and scoring,ur telling me they cant even score at lower level?

If you squint hard enough you might make a case for him doing something in the future, like 2-3 years from now, maybe.

Right now he is miles off.

And he's far nearer being ready than any of the forwards we have.

Back