• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 10/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably lost our best chance of getting anything from Anfield this season. Can't see any sensible reason for cancelling football as many other events are still active.

Don’t you live in Spain?

Edit. Really should have read through the thread before replying.

Hasn't even lived in England for at least the 10 years we've been on forums, but his whole character is based on being the most patriotic Englishman ever born

Hasn't even lived in England for at least the 10 years we've been on forums, but his whole character is based on being the most patriotic Englishman ever born
Nothing more patriotic than serving Carling to ex-pats

Well there’s fuck all to do today but at least this thread will provide some entertainment.

What the hell does ‘ten days of mourning’ even mean? Pretty sure if I phone work on Monday and ask for compassionate leave for this period I will be given short shrift.
It's essentially stuff like flags at half mast etc. Protocol for Government, the Royal Family and the national broadcaster.

Doesn't mean a full shut down of the country, days off work etc (unless you are a pro footballer).
The funeral will be a full national day of mourning but won't be a public holiday so companies not obliged to shut or grant you paid time off. A few big names will probably shut down for the same reason the FA called games off, just to avoid negative press.

What the hell does ‘ten days of mourning’ even mean? Pretty sure if I phone work on Monday and ask for compassionate leave for this period I will be given short shrift.
At my work they put out a message for wellbeing support during this difficult period. ThAtS WHeRe YouR TaX MoNeY GOeS

We had a message saying that there would be no social media presence during the period of mourning, except for a single message by the top dog. Any non-work company events during the period to be cancelled.

The funeral will be a full national day of mourning but won't be a public holiday so companies not obliged to shut or grant you paid time off.
It is a Bank Holiday, isn't that the same thing?

It is a Bank Holiday, isn't that the same thing?
Have they announced that?
Last thing I saw on the funeral was its a day of mourning but not a National holiday.
Happy to be wrong on that and my reading was from all the stuff put in place before it happened

Have they announced that?
Last thing I saw on the funeral was its a day of mourning but not a National holiday.
Happy to be wrong on that and my reading was from all the stuff put in place before it happened
Yes, this morning

A lot of Brits over here are very patriotic.
It's an easy way to keep your cultural identity. Fortunately it's not the only one - I try to keep my accent and say things like "Oh, you mean proper football. The clue is in the name - foot ball. You use your foot to kick the ball." Etc.
Also by posting on here.

From a country who's flag cannot touch the floor but you can wear it next to your junk when its printed on shorts and wipe squirty cheese off your face when you print it on serviettes ?
Also from a country that refuses to believe you can change something that's called an amendment ? :)
What you hold close to your heart often seems odd to others

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back