• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 10/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Wolves fans won’t have to listen to the disrespectful chanting that SOME Liverpool fans would not doubt have done about HRH

There is absolutely no reason to cancel anything.

I can’t think of any reason (logical or otherwise) why sport should be cancelled on a Saturday and Sunday but the Friday is a completely normal day? And society is still going to be the same on the weekend? Shops will be open, B&Q will be open, pubs and restaurants will be open. Are theatres still going to be open?

It may be the case that fixtures next weekend have to be cancelled because of police resources being reallocated. Cancelling this weekend really not a good idea with that in mind.

FFS.

I’m not going so I’m really not that arsed on a personal level. But I’m still going to say it’s an utterly stupid decision.

Will just stick to my original plan of stripping wallpaper off with no football as a distraction.

It does mess around with sporting integrity. There was no alternative with Covid but we lost out as there was no way Spurs were catching us without both Kane and Son, as it was both were back by the time fixtures restarted. Smaller scale here but players who are injured/banned now will be available for the rearranged games. Plus if it's in 2023 there could be new signings on either side.

I can't see a way that this happens without extending the season. The funeral will be next Monday so that game will be cancelled, presumably it'll be hard to move because of Europe - maybe even the whole weekend cancelled again?

Its fucking bollocks tbh, the world will keep turning. Fair play to the RFU, they've positioned and communicated it perfectly

We are going to get Liverpool and City tacked on to the end of the season. Ace.

I can't see a way that this happens without extending the season. The funeral will be next Monday so that game will be cancelled, presumably it'll be hard to move because of Europe - maybe even the whole weekend cancelled again?

Its fucking bollocks tbh, the world will keep turning. Fair play to the RFU, they've positioned and communicated it perfectly
There isn't a game next Monday because of the Int break

Other than genuine logistical reasons (e.g. policing requirement on the day of the funeral) I’m struggling to understand what anyone stands to gain from postponing matches in situations like this. What are we all going to do instead? Sit at home holding candle lit ceremonies?

It’s rubbish. We all still have to go to work, life goes on in almost every other way. Also, If people really do feel that they don’t want to attend the games out of respect that should be the choice of the individual.

I think football has totally fucked it and is being completely shown up by other sports going ahead. They'll be regretting it already. Completely mis-read the room.

Dickhead Liverpool fans aside, the show of respect across a full league fixture list would have been impeccable and probably incredibly powerful.

I think football has totally fucked it and is being completely shown up by other sports going ahead. They'll be regretting it already. Completely mis-read the room.

Dickhead Liverpool fans aside, the show of respect across a full league fixture list would have been impeccable and probably incredibly powerful.
Bingo. This guy thinks that because the Mail and Telegraph would slag football off but not rugby the FA cancelled every fixture. I kid you not.

He isn't far off the truth. The reaction of the DM etc would certainly play its part

Daily Mail seem to have binned all the articles where they slagged her off for not responding to the death of Diana as they wanted from their archive. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back