• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 10/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go on the toot all day at The Oval if you want but not watch footy. That’s appears to be how it works.

Not playing Liverpool or City at that time is a big win for Lage

Another round of European fixtures this week which I'm sure will go ahead. Unless there are police staffing issues surrounding the funeral for fixtures in London I can't see why next weeks games will be cancelled.

Another round of European fixtures this week which I'm sure will go ahead. Unless there are police staffing issues surrounding the funeral for fixtures in London I can't see why next weeks games will be cancelled.
EFL have games in the week and they will likely go ahead. Seems its all about the optics.

I kind of understand this weekend but to carry it further would be pointless

Gets rid of that tough run if so. No home game for me from Fulham on August 13th to Forest on October 15th as I missed the past 2 and the Carabao Cup game. 5 weeks seemed a long time after Fulham!

It's a mad decision cancelling this weekend in my view. What better way of celebrating the queen with a full stadium belting out GSTQ. Who is going to hear you at home doing that, if you even do it at all. Next weekend i can understand.
I get Liverpool fans might not do it as a whole, but you've only got to listen to WHU stadium last night. I think MU stadium was the same.

I understand the showing respect but not sure why this weekends events shouldn't go ahead and if the funeral is the 19th, why the previous weekends events can't either. None of that should effect how people show their respect.

All football including grassroot fixtures are cancelled this weekend.

Last fixtures of the season for many of the local cricket leagues tomorrow. I can't see how the ECB can cancel those if they are holding a Test Match.

Yet the Great North Run goes ahead on Sunday as it gives the public to come together and show their respects!

It is a bit odd, RFU have given the nod for games to go ahead and noises from League are that it will continue.

Not sure why Football has taken this approach, unless it's down to the volume of people moving about.

It’s because football are terrified of public opinion.
Exactly this. As I said, they were always going to cancel it after the government passed the decision to them.

You mean like accepting owners from despot regimes laundering their money in sight of the world public opinion, or just empty gestures played out for to whatever pressure group happens to be prominent public opinions?

Negative opinion
Guess it all depends who you speak to / follow, but all the public opinion I've seen is what a load of bollocks
It would only take a journalist or two to write an article saying how wrong it is to ask people to work at a time of National Mourning (whilst working themselves) to get under the skin of the easily offended.

Negative opinion

It would only take a journalist or two to write an article saying how wrong it is to ask people to work at a time of National Mourning (whilst working themselves) to get under the skin of the easily offended.
Yep, they’ve chosen the option which means we (fans) are annoyed, rather than getting the flag-shaggers offended - they have a much louder and listened to voice .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back