• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool vs Wolves Build-up Thread

I'm gonna jinx it but whilst it's 1-0 I fancy us to come into the game more 2nd half

So many loose touches from our lads. Doc has pulled away from a couple of challenges & Neves is a complete passenger at the moment. With all that in mind, they’ve hardly had a sniff apart from the goal!

Our final ball has been rubbish so far. Get it right and Liverpool are there for the taking.

Quick break - Doherty off the bar (not sure whether the keeper got anything on it)

Harsh as it was a good effort, but if he takes a touch then the Zubar is the easy finish.

Been alright, played some good stuff at times but often missing the final ball. They started with intensity and we struggled but have grown into it.

Spawny deflection gives them the goal, not sure Jonny can catch Alexander-Arnold even if he isn't done by the run. He has had trouble down that side though in general.

There's definitely scope for us to do something here. Not looking too uncomfortable at the back, going forwards it hasn't quite worked though. Raul's touch has been a bit off and Jota's not been quite as aggressive as normal with his running (though I imagine it's bloody hot out there atm). Doc was unlucky, another day that's right in the top corner.

One thing to say though, which we already know - Joao Moutinho, what a player. Bloody hell.

So many loose touches from our lads. Doc has pulled away from a couple of challenges & Neves is a complete passenger at the moment. With all that in mind, they’ve hardly had a sniff apart from the goal!

That 60/40 one in Docs favour was particularly annoying.
Hope City get another and Liverpool will start thinking CL final.
We seem to just be starting to play our normal game now.

I agree about Raul, his first touch isn't quite on it today. And with their high intensity pressing it wasn't a good day for it.

We improved towards the end there, hopefully that continues into the second half. Dohertys chance was a good one, he's very unlucky not to see it go in top bins, it was a good finish for a defender

Shame about the one that Jota took off Johnny, he would have been clean through.
Also, the cross from Jiminez that found no one, we have had our chances.....however fleeting.
Think Donk's playing well, Neves very deep again but understandable, even if it does seem to be detrimental to what Coady should be doing.

Back