• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

Forest fans absolutely hated him in the Championship.

A midweek update:

Ryan Giles played a full game in a 2-1 defeat at Forest. He had a diving header well saved but looked on as his team conceded a last-minute pen; Terry Taylor played 72 minutes in a 1-0 win, while Jamie Pardington was in goal for a 4-1 defeat. Sanderson also came on as a sub for Sunderland in the dying moments.

Unused subs: Vinagre, Ennis, Samuels.

I still think there's a player there he just needs to realise he's not as good as he thinks he is and Nuno can help him.

Yep, if he had been happy to keep his head down and train hard I think he could have come good for us.

I think the backup to Raul role is going to frustrate most people who fill it, at least for this season and next. I'd imagine even Fabio is becoming frustrated. There's not many footballers who don't want to play football

Fabio has plenty of time on his side, tbf. I'm sure he will get his chance when he is ready, might even explain the lopsided 352 we started this season with, where Silva could play where Podence was starting.

I like Cutrone - think he is a good striker but he needs to go somewhere he will get regular game time. I wish he'd been more patient with us but it doesn't always work out sadly.

I think the backup to Raul role is going to frustrate most people who fill it, at least for this season and next. I'd imagine even Fabio is becoming frustrated. There's not many footballers who don't want to play football
If he didn't know the situation he was signing up for, then more the fool him.

From the weekend:

Ryan Giles - Coventry City, The Championship

A full game in a 3-2 defeat at Watford. Flashed a shot across goal and teed up a good chance for a team mate to head wide.

Niall Ennis - Burton Albion, League One

Played his first 90 minutes for his side. Had a couple of efforts: the first crashed wide while another deflected off a defender onto the bar. No luck in the end, though, as Barnet eliminated them from the cup.

Dion Sanderson - Sunderland, League One

A full game in a disappointing 1-0 cup defeat at home to Mansfield. Arguably at fault for the goal as the forward nipped in front of him to head it home.

Rafa Mir - S.D Huesca, La Liga
Another full game and another goal, earning his side a point at home to Eibar. This one was a classic centre-forward's goal, heading it firmly off the ground and into the top corner. That's 3 in 4 league games now.

Goal on 1:10:

Christian Herc - MFK Karvina, Czech Premier League

After the league's enforced COVID break, Herc played 90 minutes of a 2-1 win and got the assist for the opening goal.

Came on as sub: A productive half hour for Austin Samuels, who grabbed a goal and assist in Bradford's 7-0 thumping of Tonbridge Angels - nice finish and assist can be seen from 1:50 onwards.

Jordao came on for the last half an hour of a 2-1 win vs Maritimo, and just for AndyWolves, Cutrone made a 20-minute cameo in a 0-0 draw at Parma.

Unused subs: Taylor, Campana, Wang
Not in squad: MGW, Sarkic, Vinagre
No game: Ronan, Bonatini, Gomes, Pardington, Smith.

By all accounts Connor Ronan played well for Ireland U21s today (they lost to Iceland).

He will play for the full team soon as a) Stephen Kenny loves him and b) Ireland are shite at the moment, so they'll try anything.

Not much from this weekend:

Niall Ennis played a full game in a 2-0 defeat at Hull, not much to say except for a sublime pass with the outside of his boot around the defence to put a team mate in, but he could only miss. Austin Samuels came on for the second half in a 2-2 draw for Bradford. Sanderson was an unused sub.

Yep, only 15 minutes or so for Giles in the end. I wonder if he's lost his starting spot.

Rafa Mir played 56 minutes of a 1-1 draw at Osasuna as well, not involved in the goal but almost got on the scoresheet earlier on with a shot that went just wide.

Reactions: b3h
From the rest of the weekend's games:

Niall Ennis - Burton Albion, League One

Another full game but in a 3-1 defeat to Northampton. Had one chance that he was unlucky not to score from when he kneed a cross off the post.

Austin Samuels - Bradford City, League Two

Played 71 minutes of a 3-0 defeat at Salford. Should have scored when the ball cannoned off the post to him but he stabbed it off the opposit post instead of firing it into the roof of the net.

Terry Taylor - Grimsby Town, League Two

Started at Tranmere but was part of a horror show that saw them 4-0 down at half time. Subbed off after 55 minutes.

Christian Herc - MFK Karvina, Czech Premier League

Played 84 minutes of a 3-0 defeat.

Connor Ronan, Leo Bonatini and Toti Gomes - Grasshoppers, Swiss Challenge League

Full games for Ronan and Gomes, and a near full game for Leo, in a 1-0 win that puts them four points clear at the top. Leo's pressing led to a keeper error that gifted them the first goal and he should have had an assist later on only for his team mate to sky it from a few yards out. Ronan broke clear to set up another team mate who also skied that. Gomes gave away a pen for handball but the opposition missed.

On as sub: Cutrone came on after 55 minutes in Fiorentina's 1-0 defeat at home to Benevento.

Unused sub: Sanderson
Not in squad: MGW, Sarkic, Pardington, Vinagre
No game: Smith.

Watching Samuels at the moment. Bradford sitting off Orient and hitting them on the break. He had one half chance where he turned well and hit it. Has worked hard to be fair to him

Might be time for him to actually knuckle down and try work his way into the team he can't keep crying for a move every time he spends some time on the bench.

He is hardly making a case to start for them when he comes on.

Back