• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

No I'm not, Pablo, but I'm intrigued by another Sedgley Wolf. Does he/she do my name proud?

I'd imagine so, as the list of rules on there is huge and he/she is still not banned!

She types so much you have to wonder if she sees any of the game.

From this weekend:

Niall Ennis - Burton Albion, League One
Played the full game against former club Doncaster and had a smart volley saved by the keeper early on. Didn't do much else, though, in a 3-1 defeat.

Jordao - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played 87 minutes in a 0-0 draw.

Christian Herc - MFK Karvina, Czech Premier League

Played 80 minutes of a 1-0 win.

Connor Ronan, Leo Bonatini and Toti Gomes - Grasshoppers, Swiss Challenge League

Another full game for Toti in a 2-1 defeat with Leo and Ronan both coming on for the last 15 minutes or so.

On as sub: Rafa Mir came on for the last half hour in a 2-0 defeat at Bilbao, while Cutrone came on for the last few minutes of a 1-1 draw.
Unused sub: Giles
Not in squad: Taylor, Pardington, Campana, Vinagre
No game: Sanderson, Sarkic, Smith, Wang.

Vinagre not in the squad is concerning. Havent paid much attention so hadn't noticed his omission previously.

There was absolutely no prospect whatsoever of them paying the option fee in the loan agreement, but a season doing naff all in Greece is going to make it very difficult to make anything back on him.

Sanderson dropping a division after showing himself to be more than capable and then getting stuck on the bench week in week out is of no benefit to anyone either. Hopefully he's called back and we can find him a better opportunity.

Are Olympiacos at least paying some of Ruben's wages?

I hope the rumours of him going to Braga have some truth to them.

I've watched this so you don't have to. Morgan needs to get fit asap. and I need to go to bed (and get a life)

From the Christmas fixtures. A combination of Covid and er...not being selected mean a depleted list unfortunately.

Ryan Giles - Coventry City, The Championship

Played 71 minutes of Cov’s 2-0 defeat at Preston at LWB after a spell on the bench

Matija Sarkic - Shrewsbury Town, League One

Has played a trio of games since the last update and has only conceded one goal. First up, a clean sheet in a 1-0 at high-flyers Doncaster, in which he acrobatically tipped a header over the bar in the dying moments, then another clean sheet in a win over Blackpool. That’s 4 clean sheets in 5 now - Shrews have really picked up since he’s returned.

Christian Herc - MFK Karvina, Czech Premier League

Subbed at half time in a 2-0 defeat at home.

On as sub: Rafa Mir has been starting on the bench; played 10 minutes last week, then half an hour at Celta Vigo and seemed to shake things up although they couldn’t avoid a loss.

Unused sub: Ennis, Samuels, Jordao, Pardington

Not in squad: Taylor, Cutrone, Campana, Smith

No game: Sanderson, Vinagre, Toti Gomes, Bonatini, Ronan.

From the Swansea review of their 2-1 win over Watford - Gibbs white got 8 minutes

“Following three months on the sidelines due to a foot injury, Gibbs-White was introduced in the final stages of the victory over Watford.

The Wolves loanee replaced Manning in the 85th minute, and he wasted no time in proving his worth as the hosts saw out the game.

Gibbs-White made three dribbles during his brief period on the pitch, which was the joint-best - along with Andre Ayew - of any Swansea player.

All three of his passes - each of which were made deep into the Watford half - found the target while his piece of skill near the Hornets' byline would have had the Jack Army applauding had they have been in attendance.

Patience will be needed as the 20-year-old returns to full match fitness after a significant period in the treatment room, but the guile and creativity Gibbs-White offers in attacking areas will be a major plus for Swansea in the second half of the campaign.”

You'd hope that he's going to come back here a much better player. Someone who we really need. But almost sure he'll end up being bought by Swansea.

Theoretically he’s got everything we need for that role if he’s developed - assists and goals, technique, work rate and decent in the air.

hopefully he can avoid injury for the rest of the season and get more games in..

Back