• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

Under contract for another two and a half years
OK, so he'll cost a few quid to buy then. He would be perfect sitting between Nevs/Moutinho and the front guys right now. Hindsight is wonderful eh...

From the weekend:

Dion Sanderson - Sunderland, League One

Played a full game for the first time in a while in a goalless draw at Northampton. Seemed to play on either side of the defence at various points during the game.

Rafa Mir - S.D Huesca, La Liga

Back in the team and played the full game in a 1-0 defeat to Barcelona. Had a cheeky backheel saved at point-blank range by Ter Stegen, but not much else.

On as sub: Gibbs-White made his long-awaited comeback with a 5-minute appearance late on in a 2-1 win against Watford. Ryan Giles came on for the last 25 minutes in a 2-1 win at Millwall to help push Coventry away from the relegation zone. Leo Campana appeared from nowhere for the last half an hour of Famalicao's 1-0 defeat: got booked and that's about it unfortunately.

Unused sub: Jordao
Not in squad: Ennis, Taylor, Vinagre
No game: Sarkic, Samuels, Herc, Gomes, Ronan, Bonatini, Pardington, Smith, Wang.

Niall Ennis has been sent back/recalled. He's cup tied so nothing to do with Friday's game. His loan wasn't a success

That is a shame for him. He needs a permanent move somewhere - been unlucky with injuries at a young age

Vinagre gone to the same Portuguese team as Jordao and Campana are at. Guess we aren't getting that £20m

Niall Ennis returns from Burton. 7 appearances and 0 goals.

Maybe they just aren’t very good?

Not like wolves don’t have a history of keeping hold of players with no future at the club or at any respectable level we’d get a decent fee for them.

personally think the loan moves for our youngsters are the worst part of Nuno's tenure ( not blaming him for that).....seems to me only MGW's loan has worked anything like.
I think you have to remember that 99/100 now these loans are about maximising value when sold rather than preparing them for the Wolves first team. That's not going to happen in Burton or Grimsby's reserves.

I agree with Punts though that too often that involves extending contracts eventually ending in release rather than sale

We probably need to cut our losses sooner - could have got money for bright, and Sanderson already for example

I think you have to remember that 99/100 now these loans are about maximising value when sold rather than preparing them for the Wolves first team. That's not going to happen in Burton or Grimsby's reserves.

I agree with Punts though that too often that involves extending contracts eventually ending in release rather than sale
Football isn't completely heartless, sometimes it's about finding a player a club to benefit them.

It's on the club's interest to do this as they get a good reputation for player welfare.

We are currently abysmal at it. Needs a proper recruitment person doing it instead of an ex footballer just having a go at it.

I've probably got a naive view of what our academy/youth setup is for tbh

Gibbs-White coming back from Swansea. being recalled to be part of the squad again (source - John Percy)
Makes sense with the injuries we've got. Add to that we now sometimes play a system that might actually suit him more.

He was doing really well before getting injured at Swansea wasn't he lets hope he brings that to the table. I'd put an inform Gibbs-White ahead of Vitinha in any CAM pecking order easily at this stage.

You have to feel for NickG once MGW and Podence are back in our matchday squads.

Back