• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

I wonder if he might not yet play some role for us in the future, if only briefly.

He's 23 so as developed as he's going to get physically. Not a bad record for a player in a struggling la Liga team.

I guess we'll have a good look at him in the summer

Against my favourite Spanish team as well!

Didn't see the match but hearing from my Spanish friends that he's put in a superb performance.

My first effort at contributing anew and I posted in the wrong thread. Good effort. Anyway, peach of a strike for the third. Clearly we'll never see him again but I can't but help follow his fortunes and wish him well.

I guess it shows that sometimes you can scout a players talents well, but you don't know how he's going to adapt to another country/style of football. It's only a year since he left Forest and he looked a carthorse there, but looks a top class 9 in these highlights

Shows that WJ isn't a given to be a success, although being older i think it's more likely

Last edited:
That also doubled his tally for the season. Sounds like he’ll have a half decent career but we’ll have done alright if we make a bit of profit. We paid what - £2m?

Big unit isn’t he.
When he first signed not sure he looked that powerful, so he done a bit of growing/gym work.

Think at Forest he was bunged out wide wasn’t he. If they weren’t playing to his strengths he’d look awful. Plus think he was backup to Lewis Grabaan, who style wise is probably about as opposite you can get from Mir

In non Mir-related news, Vinagre got a full game in a 2-1 defeat at Nacional. Broke forward with a great one-two at one point to set up a chance which sailed just wide. Christian Herc also scored his first goal (I think) for Karvina after coming on as a second-half sub.

Ryan Giles played the second half of a 3-1 defeat at home to Swansea. Put in a peach of a cross in one attack but the striker couldn't covert. Sarkic played in a 2-0 win over Posh, while Dion Sanderson came on for the last few minutes to protect Sunderland's lead, but Jordan Graham still managed to equalise in the last minute for their opponents.

Not in squad: Jordao, Campana
No game: Bonatini, Ronan, Gomes, Burr, Pardington.

Last edited:
Jamie Pardington to Mansfield for the rest of the season (makes sense as every chance Dulwich's season is over)

Annoying, that’s near the office. Might have gone to watch them in normal times.

Another that could be a pretty good move, I hope he is able to perform straight away! Clearly talented just so unlucky with that injury

Also Matheson to Ipswich. Wonder how much game time he'll get.

Back