• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It can, certainly, Newbridge, but I think it's much too enigmatic of a side-effect to make any judgements about it one way or the other based on that.

Raul has always been a player who could get caught up in scraps. That edge helps make him the player he is. Unfortunately, it can also lead to... Stupid moments.

So bloody frustrating, we defended brilliantly again and Sa, RAN, Kilman and Coady in particular were magnificent. Raul was silly to pick up that 2nd yellow and ended our minimal chances of scoring. The penalty was a typical Andre Mariner decision and but for that they didn't score, another sickener like the 95th goal against Liverpool last week.

If only Kilman could have snatched that equaliser at the end.

Didn't agree with taking Traore off when he did for the anonymous Hwang and I presume Neves was injured hence his withdrawal.

We have given a good account of ourselves against Liverpool and City but sadly nothing to show for it.

Enjoyed Bruno's interview, didn't hold back

Pep didn't see the penalty - predictable and bullshit

Worried about where our goals are going to come from over the next few games.

Against the better sides we seem to struggle in the opposite way to previous as our new style is more reliant on creating pressure with the ball, or was earlier on in the season.

We do seem to have lost our identity imo which isn't a good sign going forward but with the defence in the current state we only need to score 1 and we are in with a good chance of winning.

You're wrong actually, but I wish you weren't.

I'm no expert nor do I claim to be but brain injuries can have lasting effects on behaviour. I have had the misfortune to have experience of this.

Like I said, it may or may not have effected his actions, I certainly don't know that for certain.
That is a shame you have had to deal with this personally and I don't dispute the pain you've gone through

You may or may not know that brain injuries are as individual as people themselves and whilst certain thresholds exist it is impossible to tell if Raul has issues that make him different to before and if those issues manifest themselves on a football pitch.

I don't know for certain but I wouldn't say his behaviour is any different to before on a football pitch when I've seen him, which is nearly every game he's played for Wolves.

Happy to discuss this offline if you wish rather than clog up the thread.

Only Norwich have scored less goals than us.

We have 12 in 16 games, and one of those was an O.G.

Didn't agree with taking Traore off when he did for the anonymous Hwang and I presume Neves was injured hence his withdrawal.
Traore had zero ability to hold the ball up its not his game so you either swap him out or you give him some support as I had suggested go 4311. But we could have been stuffed with that formation. You could have brought Hwang on for Semedo I suppose and kept Adama as RWB to keep some shape. They brought on players who are class. We don’t have that luxury

There must be thousands of TVs smashed across the country every week. There is clear and obvious evidence it doesn’t hit his arm. And then claims it hits his arm on the rebound (it doesn’t) which is written in the rules as not hand ball.
I just mute the TV whenever they go over to him. Makes things much more tolerable.

Mind you BT have such a pack of annoying pundits etc I'm sometimes tempted to just stick the radio commentary on instead

Leicester Spurs Liverpool Man City Man Utd all 0 1. So we have 12 in 11 against the rest. Still nothing to write home about granted. It’s goals from Midfield I want to see.

1 goal in 6. Wouldn’t bet against that being 1 in 8 going into the Watford game with Brighton being solid and no Raul and then Chelsea.

1 goal in 6. Wouldn’t bet against that being 1 in 8 going into the Watford game with Brighton being solid and no Raul and then Chelsea.

Think we'll beat Brighton comfortably. No idea why just feel at some point our awful run against then will end.

VAR could have a massive positive impact on the game. As it stands the incompetent bent cunts using it are just making sure the usual suspects don't get upset. Ever.

I might be losing it a bit but I thought there was one VAR official assigned each day who covers all the games? Stelling has just said Mike Dean is on VAR for the Chelsea game (he could be wrong, ofc)..

I might be losing it a bit but I thought there was one VAR official assigned each day who covers all the games? Stelling has just said Mike Dean is on VAR for the Chelsea game (he could be wrong, ofc)..
1 per game I think, although sometimes they'll do 2 in a day if they kick off at different times

I’m usually very reserved when it comes to Referees but today I’m incandescent with rage at them. The PGMOL for finding a loop hole to cover their arses.
Peter Walton pls stop being a refs apologist, it’s there for clear and obvious errors sorry that’s one there staring you in the face.
If Moss doesn’t give it no one even bothers about it. The fault is with Mariner though for not telling him to review his Decision.
Not one person with an ounce of football knowledge thinks that’s a penalty.
Problem with clear and obvious error protocol it creates huge grey errors and hiding places for the PGMOL when one of their officials fuck up.
It creates an inconsistent playing field, example being the none penalty we didn’t get v Albion in January and then that one is given today.
It’ll drift insignificance because of who we’re, it’s the silent face of the PGMOL that’s so annoying but like big brother you know they exist but they are never their to be seen.

Look if they win 1-0 with a legit goal like last week we put our hands up and say fair enough probably a fair result.
Im no conspiracy theorist but the PL do themselves zero favours in putting to bed such claims.
Onto us great rear guard work again and we looked very comfortable in the first half.
No win in 4, no goals in 4 only 1 goal in the last 6. It’s a big concern now, very good chance Bruno will be going into the game v Watford on the back of 4 straight defeats and no goals in 6 games.

Back