• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Only Norwich have scored less goals than us.

We have 12 in 16 games, and one of those was an O.G.
We got rid of Nuno to play more expansive football, 11 in 12 is not expansive football, although we played well in the last two games.

Let’s face it with luck, a bit better finishing and a competent VAR we would not have lost against Man U man c Liverpool or Spurs. We are where we are.

We got rid of Nuno to play more expansive football, 11 in 12 is not expansive football, although we played well in the last two games.
That’s the paradox
Having changed management they should have changed or at least increased the depth of the squad. They didn’t , hence why the same players are doing a similar job under Lage as they did under Nuno despite some tactical changes for the better.

Given the form our forwards have been in, I'm not sure you can lay that one on Bruno, at least not entirely.

We lack a player who can be consistently dangerous. Not an uncommon position for midtable clubs.

Given the form our forwards have been in, I'm not sure you can lay that one on Bruno, at least not entirely.

We lack a player who can be consistently dangerous. Not an uncommon position for midtable clubs.
I think it's on Bruno to get the players playing and creating. The games against Norwich and Burnley were awful in this regard and that's on him.

He reminds me of Stale too much right now and that's not a good thing.

I don't think we're in any danger of a result like we had against Luton under Stale but I don't think you're too far off with that comparison.

Like with Solbakken, I think Lage can be successful here; the key will be avoiding an unforgivable run of form like what got our Norsk pal sacked. Luckily for Lage, losses against the likes of City and Liverpool won't hurt nearly as bad as losses against the likes of Ipswich and Peterborough.

If Bruno can survive long enough to get some fresh outlay from Fosun for transfers, I'm excited by the potential. It's a big if on current evidence, though.

I don't think we're in any danger of a result like we had against Luton under Stale but I don't think you're too far off with that comparison.

Like with Solbakken, I think Lage can be successful here; the key will be avoiding an unforgivable run of form like what got our Norsk pal sacked. Luckily for Lage, losses against the likes of City and Liverpool won't hurt nearly as bad as losses against the likes of Ipswich and Peterborough.
I think if he goes without winning before the Sheffield Utd game he's in trouble.

Go without scoring and I think he'll be gone.

I think if he goes without winning before the Sheffield Utd game he's in trouble.

That bit would be hard to disagree with.

I think Bruno and the boys will know that getting points from Brighton and Watford is absolutely essential. Hardly an insight, in fairness.

Whether you blame the players or not Stale was guilty of not taking them with him and asking then to do things they couldn't or wouldn't. I don't see that in Bruno, what he is doing is covering the perceived deficiencies of some which compromises the positive aspects of others. No defending Raul today, but he is so often detached from the rest of the side. It's why I'd give 4 at the back a go on Wed

I think it's on Bruno to get the players playing and creating. The games against Norwich and Burnley were awful in this regard and that's on him.

He reminds me of Stale too much right now and that's not a good thing.

We've gone from creating bucket loads and missing them all, to creating a few and being clinical to nothing as a slow regression.

Not sure we will win many (any) between now and then but don’t think we will lose many either. So 3-5 points in that period will still have us pretty solidly safe in midtable unless the bottom 3 double their points tally between now and then.

We've gone from creating bucket loads and missing them all, to creating a few and being clinical to nothing as a slow regression.
We've also cut out almost all of the braindead defensive moments that led to our concessions early on.

Swings and roundabouts.

Every Wolves fan in the ground could see Raul was about to get sent off. Adama had at least three seconds to get him out of the way of that free kick.

Attachments

• 0973EAA0-8822-42C9-86DE-7B99A170D87A.png
    0973EAA0-8822-42C9-86DE-7B99A170D87A.png
    775.4 KB · Views: 25
Oh right. Where did I say it was Adama’s fault? As the closest team mate he had ample time to have a word. “Get fucking out of the way Raul” would have been suffice.

Everyone around me at the game could see clearly he was about to get his second yellow.

Tbf I don't think that's what SSB was implying, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Oh right. Where did I say it was Adana’s fault? As the closest team mate he had ample time to have a word. “Get fucking out of the way Raul” would have been suffice.

Everyone around me at the game could see clearly he was about to get his second yellow.
He doesn't move for a ball unless it's passed straight to him. He's not going to have the awareness to see that. It's not in him

Reactions: SSB
Yeah tbh as much as Trincao and Adama had thankless jobs in the second half they both showed less than nothing. Adama I'm comfortable selling ASAP now; Trincao has got some serious, serious work to do by close of season to show he's worth even half what Barca would ask.

Back