• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (A) 22/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh to say he was weak as he's got to jump from a static position.

Agree with having no pressure on the cross but we just got pulled out of position by one of the best midfielders on the planet.
Oh yeah, I’m being picky I can see JL being disappointed with those aspects of it.

No shade on Bueno, but Mahrez skins better defenders than him regularly from that position. Nunes isn’t “wrong” to support Bueno there.

If there was an error for the goal it was Nunes going to double up on Mahrez leaving de Bruyne free.
Yep and makes it even worse that the player he thought was worthy of that stupid decision, was none other that KDB! Just one of many examples of poor play from Nunes this first half. He's been cack.

Three changes!

Only to cover up coote’s incompetence just before that I think
I’m listening to fivelive and Michael Brown thought that the decision not to give a free kick to Wolves was disgraceful. Also thought that Kilman and Lemina were unlucky to be booked due to poor decisions prior to the offences.

Cunha, Moutinho and Sarabia coming on.

I'd wager there isn't many defenders in world football who defend that cross against Haaland. Collins has had a decent game

KdB had too much time to pick a ball but it was a good goal.

Coote is an oxygen thief. He lost the plot in the first 15 minutes and hasn't got any better. Predictably the soft yellows we got weren't reciprocated for the cynical foul on Traore as he broke out and Raul on halfway. He's the same referee now as he was in the Villa 1-1 under Zenga. How the fuck has this guy got promoted?

Collins has been excellent, IMO. He’s cleared two shots off the line as well.

Not quite sure what the shape is now, with Moutinho, Lemina, Neves AND Nunes all on.

No shade on Bueno, but Mahrez skins better defenders than him regularly from that position. Nunes isn’t “wrong” to support Bueno there.
I'm not saying he would shut him down. But once you've got him down to the byline, his options are (relatively) limited. He could get past him, sure, but there are other defenders there. It's a lose-lose but feel our odds are better without giving them free crosses.

Evening it up now. As he's denied his paymasters the first penalty.

Well fuck off

Game over. About as soft a penalty as you could possibly get.

All on Neves that too. Have the ball away 5 seconds earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back