• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict thread

I think Traore was electric in the first half but seemed to run out of gas in the second half and didn't really contribute much. He seems to have about 60 minutes in him before he's fucked.

Good to see he's learning how to use his attributes to win headers and I feel he's getting back into form.

Once he's run out of gas he needs subbing because hes useless

Fucking unlucky

man United really are the spawniest bunch of cunts. They barely deserve a point let alone three. Really bad habit of conceding late on continues. Really pissed off to lose like that even though, once again, we invited them on. Poor game management again. Please stop this. It doesn’t work. And Neves and Moutinho staring is now 0 2 7 I believe this season. .
Someone else reply because I cant be arsed anymore

Spawny goal but Kilman gets caught under it and we shouldn’t have shown Rashford inside. Other than that we defended brilliantly. Unfortunately lost most of our attacking impetus in the second half once Vitinha and Neto went off.
Traore was nowhere near good enough, was a senior player tonight and needed to step up but he was pretty much awful. I’d happily bin him off in January tbh.
We desperately need to find a way to score more goals soon or we’ll just keep drifting down the table.
It’s frustrating as it was a generally good performance.
Agree with this.

As much as Traore was poor second half, Podence came on and gave us absolutely nothing. I actually forgot he was playing.

He was the same against Spurs - invisible.

One or two flash moments in a match are nowhere near enough - we can’t afford him and Traore doing nothing.

If we persist we youngsters, we absolutely have to have our “bigger” players turning up and neither Podence or Traore did tonight.

Excellent performance, ultimately stuffed like a Xmas turkey. My only criticism would be that the substitutions had absolutely no impact.

Can’t reply in the match day thread so just want to say thanks for the abuse for having an opinion that we shouldn’t have been so negative so early. Much appreciated.

OO should have come on for Adama at any point in the second half as we were effectively playing with 10. We might have retained the ball better and actually moved up the pitch as a team, rather than asking Fabio to turn and run 20-30 yards himself.

At the risk of being called “thick” again, I’ll leave it there so you boys can all agree with each other that the only reason we lost is tiredness.

(PS - I really like Hoever & Kilman was excellent tonight, bar their goal)
I'm not sure we could have played much different tbh.
Tiredness is an excuse, plus playing without 4 of our best first team players.

The little Norwegian Troll claiming it was their physical aspect that helped them win it. I wonder why that was?

Yeah, felt sorry for him towards the end. He was exhausted. Not only do we need a striker but another wide/attacking midfield option in my opinion.
He was shattered - but still winning headers against maguire and matic - I genuinely don’t know what people expect sometimes.

yeah that wasn't hyperbolic in the match thread-- I literally forgot podence was on the pitch for a bit until someone mentioned him.

with him on and traore gassed and giving the ball away, our attack just fell to pieces. would've rather seen neto stay on and have one of the midfielders replaced for some legs. of course, on paper podence is a logical sub, so it's hard to be too Hindsight Man about it, but it still seems odd to leave both Mou/Nev out.

Agree with this.

As much as Traore was poor second half, Podence came on and gave us absolutely nothing. I actually forgot he was playing.

He was the same against Spurs - invisible.

One or two flash moments in a match are nowhere near enough - we can’t afford him and Traore doing nothing.

If we persist we youngsters, we absolutely have to have our “bigger” players turning up and neither Podence or Traore did tonight.
You really hate Podence don't you ? The fact the game was in a different half of the pitch kinda counteracted his attacking potential ?

Absolutely gutted and proud of every one of them out there, just circumstances dictated that we didn't have enough in the tank to hold out long enough, nobody deserves criticism tonight except Adama who I hate
;)

We were worth a point there so it is naturally disappointing to concede that goal so late, for the last 20 mins we looked a team who'd played twice in 3 days but the 70 before that I thoroughly enjoyed and there were some really good positive signs especially from some of the young players. In the grand scheme of things the point we lost there isn't going to make a great deal of difference as we are going to finish somewhere in the middle of the table regardless, performance more important for me and there was a lot to be encouraged by.

He was shattered - but still winning headers against maguire and matic - I genuinely don’t know what people expect sometimes.
His aerial ability is surprising but I guess with someone like his speed and acceleration shouldn’t be! Something we could utilise more maybe?

your last sentence, we could win the champions league and people would find something to be upset about. I’m just gonna have to ignore those people because it’ll just wind me up instead.

I thought he did well............................................................................first half :sneaky:
Naw, you could see he was knackered towards the end, if there was any criticism of him at all is that he only tracks back to the half way line.

Fucking unlucky

man United really are the spawniest bunch of cunts. They barely deserve a point let alone three. Really bad habit of conceding late on continues. Really pissed off to lose like that even though, once again, we invited them on. Poor game management again. Please stop this. It doesn’t work. And Neves and Moutinho staring is now 0 2 7 I believe this season. .
disagree it was poor game management, not much else we could have done I don't think, maybe bought on Otasowie for more energy......gutted but saw enough from those kids to think the futures very bright. Raul, Boly, Donk and Jonny all missing, don't think many teams could manage without so many of that calibre. We really need reinforcements in January.
Traore is clearly carrying an injury.

Back