• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict thread

I thought he did well............................................................................first half :sneaky:
Naw, you could see he was knackered towards the end, if there was any criticism of him at all is that he only tracks back to the half way line.
Agree. Probably was tiredness. A first for me to be overly harsh on Adama!

Cause and effect. We didn't lose that because of Moutinho and Neves playing together in midfield.
Quite right. But where was Otasowie at a time when it was a decent call to bring him on for Moutinho or Neves.

Don't think that any of them came out with no credit and they will all have learnt something from that - sickening way to lose after the effort put in & no we don't pose enough threat up front, but we know why that is.

The younger players did themselves proud - Saiss was MoTM for me - superb at the back & gave us the only real possibility of a goal

You really hate Podence don't you ? The fact the game was in a different half of the pitch kinda counteracted his attacking potential ?

Would be interested to see his average position compared to Vitinha, feel like he was often the furthest forward of the front three and thus not really providing a passing option when the ball was turned over deep in Wolves half.

Some national Journalists namely Miguel Delaney who’s a sanctimonious prick at the best of times basically saying it was a deserved win against Mourinho style tactics. Basically being accused of anti football tactics.

Agree with this.

As much as Traore was poor second half, Podence came on and gave us absolutely nothing. I actually forgot he was playing.

He was the same against Spurs - invisible.

One or two flash moments in a match are nowhere near enough - we can’t afford him and Traore doing nothing.

If we persist we youngsters, we absolutely have to have our “bigger” players turning up and neither Podence or Traore did tonight.
As much as this is probably correct, it's very harsh mate.

There's lessons to be learned but we also learned that Nuno could organise a good defence out of me, my missus and my cat, and that Hoever and RAN are genuine first team options

Can’t reply in the match day thread so just want to say thanks for the abuse for having an opinion that we shouldn’t have been so negative so early. Much appreciated.

OO should have come on for Adama at any point in the second half as we were effectively playing with 10. We might have retained the ball better and actually moved up the pitch as a team, rather than asking Fabio to turn and run 20-30 yards himself.

At the risk of being called “thick” again, I’ll leave it there so you boys can all agree with each other that the only reason we lost is tiredness.

(PS - I really like Hoever & Kilman was excellent tonight, bar their goal)
Do not be afraid to state your opinion. Abuse back just betrays the ineptitude of the abuser who cannot engage in constructive argument.

Quite right. But where was Otasowie at a time when it was a decent call to bring him on for Moutinho or Neves.
With hindsight he should have been on instead of Silva as Silva spent most of his time tracking Pogba.

I am really gutted to lose in that manner to them. They did not deserve that at all .

You really hate Podence don't you ? The fact the game was in a different half of the pitch kinda counteracted his attacking potential ?
And you really like him - that’s what football is about, opinions? Right?

And I happen to disagree with your opinion, if that’s ok?

I think Podence was anonymous tonight and I think he is a lot of the time. I think he gives the ball away too much, isn’t anywhere near clinical enough in front of goal and tries the impossible far too often. Looks good when it works though, but all too rarely.

We have struggled a little this season and could do without him going missing for massive periods in every game he plays in.

He was fine but looked very tired last 20 minutes. Maybe should have kept Neto on instead but no doubt he was tired too.
Yeah, the Neto/Pod sub looked pre arranged to me - no doubt they’ve done it to avoid Neto picking up an injury by over exerting himself, and Adama ran less in the less 25 minutes and played more of a target man role.

thats what we have to do with 2 games in 48 hours - although I was amazed Neves and Moutinho lasted the full 95 minutes, because they ran a huge amount.

Harsh on his first half performance, as he was a decent outlet, but when we needed him last half hour he seemed to disappear
Should have been substituted. He is apparently carrying an injury. Silva should have started - he is full of beans & would have lasted 90 minutes.

I'm not sure why Traore would be tired after 60 minutes. He never seems to reach top speed any more or burst past people. He never tracks back to defend and does pretty much nothing off the ball. He should be one of the fittest players on the team.

Some national Journalists namely Miguel Delaney who’s a sanctimonious prick at the best of times basically saying it was a deserved win against Mourinho style tactics. Basically being accused of anti football tactics.
Really?
FFS... I'll give him a dig next time I see him, I grew up with him in the same town and still see him in town every now and again. He used to be alright

Back