• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict thread

And you really like him - that’s what football is about, opinions? Right?

And I happen to disagree with your opinion, if that’s ok?
Yes I like him and you are correct it is about opinions but when your opinion is the opposite of the majority of other peoples do you not think you ought to rethink it , rather than copy and paste you same condemnatory post every game ?
If you go into something with the view it's going to be shit, then you can guarantee it will be

I'm not sure why Traore would be tired after 60 minutes. He never seems to reach top speed any more or burst past people. He never tracks back to defend and does pretty much nothing off the ball. He should be one of the fittest players on the team.
That isn’t really how it works. For one he played 90 less than 47 hours before. What’s more, a player who runs at his speed isn’t easy to repeat throughout games, particularly with that little rest. I’d have taken him off after about 70, but I can understand why he didn’t

Yes I like him and you are correct it is about opinions but when your opinion is the opposite of the majority of other peoples do you not think you ought to rethink it
Mate...just let people think for themselves, say what they see and have their own opinions!

I'm feeling positive even after a defeat tonight, that's my choice, doesn't mean I have to go around 'correcting' anyone who's more critical than me about it! It's the number one cause of conflict on this forum...

You can't fault anyone in that game. Hoever great debut, RAN good game, 3 at the back very solid, Neves/Mouthino solid and gave us balls up top. Neto/Vitinha/Traore worked really hard and created chances. I agree the subs didn't work. No wonder Traore was fucked after 60 mins. Did anyone see the runs he was making? That one where Neto broke and he ran 60 yards at full speed to not get the ball? That kills you in stamina to do that. You can believe that they will be beyond gutted in that changing room after giving everything they had. I so hope we have a striker lined up Jan 1st because that is really all we need to change things up top. 10 out of 10 for me this game.

I'm not sure why Traore would be tired after 60 minutes. He never seems to reach top speed any more or burst past people. He never tracks back to defend and does pretty much nothing off the ball. He should be one of the fittest players on the team.
Since he always attracts 2 defenders I am not sure why he has to track back particularly but he did do so & make a vital interception late on. Nuno (according to my informant) says he is playing through the pain barrier (foot injury). But he should have been substituted.

Mate...just let people think for themselves, say what they see and have their own opinions!

I'm feeling positive even after a defeat tonight, that's my choice, doesn't mean I have to go around 'correcting' anyone who's more critical than me about it! It's the number one cause of conflict on this forum...
Thank you.

The point I was trying to make.

Football Forums are about opinions and, guess what, some of them will be different to yours.

And me, obviously gutted but proud of them, but it does irk me when people have a vendetta and espouse it every game.
I mean I barely tolerated you but now I see you as a bloke with a funny moniker on the internet, that is all ;)

Really?
FFS... I'll give him a dig next time I see him, I grew up with him in the same town and still see him in town every now and again. He used to be alright
He’s back tracked slightly by saying we only played 48 hours ago and have injuries but still maintains Nuno is more in the Mourinho ilk of management

And me, obviously gutted but proud of them, but it does irk me when people have a vendetta and espouse it every game.
I mean I barely tolerated you but now I see you as a bloke with a funny moniker on the internet, that is all ;)

I get it, we all care and have our own bugbears and things that make us bite mate, especially after a defeat.
I know what you're saying but while it may seem a vendetta from one side, for the other person it could just be a genuine frustration at a player who they want to see more/something different from x

Solskjaer admits they were a bit fortunate and that the extra days rest made the difference at the end.

In fairness to Ole he actually said he felt for us having to play 48 hrs after another game, and said they were lucky too. It doesn't make it any easier though. Nuno looked gutted..

Far too often we perhaps post in the heat of defeat or victory that is full of emotion

Just gutted but very proud of the team tonight, a point was more than deserved and If OGS thinks any different then he sees a very different game to me. Man U are a shambles of a team with all that wealth and individual talent their game is highly based on a lot of good luck at times and tonight was no different

Saiss was easily MOM for me, followed by Hoever and RAN, but very little fault can be found in any performance based on the circumstances we find ourselves in
Only frustration I had was when we had a couple of good breaks in the first half we were too hesitant, too reserved when we should have been more clinical. Now that’s nothing to do with not having Raúl, no focal point, two games in three days, it’s down to confidence and both Neto and Adama were lacking here when they should have been more positive.

The biggest fear is they’ll take this hangover to Brighton who we can never seem to beat. We have to take the game to them and be more ruthless with any chance...we’re becoming to nice, maybe having a bastard up front my give us a different edge, so although I don’t think he is a medium term option (6 to 12 months) if he can give us a short term fix I think it’s a no brainer.

Just bloody so gutted 😐 but this feeling has been far too regular since lockdown...I’m getting tired of all the excuses

Do you not think the 'excuse' this time was valid ??

Replying to Charlie Wolf before TT stuck his massive oar in :)

I live in hope. He did have a go at the referee the other day!
Ha, don't get your hopes up. Think that is an outburst we aren't likely to see repeated!

He never gives much away, as we all know. What I like most is that very rarely does he get carried away regardless of whether we have lost or won.

Ha, don't get your hopes up. Think that is an outburst we aren't likely to see repeated!

He never gives much away, as we all know. What I like most is that very rarely does he get carried away regardless of whether we have lost or won.
Agree with that - his stance that we can control the performance but you can’t always control the result is bang on.

Back