• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

My sky box froze when he was discussing the possibility of player movements. What was said as I sooner keep what we’ve got than sell any of the players in the pitch tonight.
Yeah your "sky box", course it did. When it buffers just quickly pick another channel on your IPTV, like the rest of us, there's loads of channels, even if you have to learn Arabic for the commentary, you'll get a steadier stream.

Best game I've seen from wolves in a lot of time..pressing well, on the front foot, creating lots, goals will come if we xan play a bit like that again..lots of positives, mainly cunha and semedo but neto lively too..the bad Sa and RAN(defensivley), Silva again..amazing inpact, coukd have been aubbed on a bit earlier..Sasa boxed down and should have had a pen, can be a weapon for us too..Mario anonymous but think he was keeping an eye defensively..defi didnt deserve to lose and almost we deserved to win from my point of view..leta hope we can build on this now..points is all that counts in the end..

I thought GON's post match interview was very good. He came across as being pretty articulate, knowledgeable and honest. He at least didn't sound like the gibbering moron that some people on here would have led us to believe. I think if he's like that with the players he'll get a tune out of them.

It may not be Jimi Hendrix on a Fender kind of tune, but it will at least be recognisable as music, which is more than we could say about Lage and half the performances under Lopetegui.

Think GON and the players have heard the outside noise and decided to give it a big “fuck you, watch us”. Obviously need results, but that was properly aggressive.
“Fosun ain’t the fookin’ Wolves, we are the fookin’ Wolves”

Good performance on the whole, few tweaks here and there could make for an entertaining season. Don't think much changed drastically from half time but the additional of a genuine centre forward definitely gave United more to think about, even if they still didn't work Onana hard enough in the end.

If it were down to me I'd swap RAN for Bueno next time out, he got beat all ends up all game long unfortunately, don't think there's a great deal between the two of them so rotate based on form as the season goes. Think Silva has to start, he was a bit too trigger happy at times but put a shift in, got into good areas and I think with a goal or two behind him he'll blossom. He'd take Sarabia's place for me, don't think he quite fits the tempo, nice little player but not quite the right fit so he drops to being cover for Cunha. Lastly, probably somewhat controversially, for similar reasons to Sarabia I'd drop Neto for Hwang. Frustrated me at times, particularly second half, when he slowed things down too much, took too many touches and allowed United to regroup, just checking back onto his left and playing in back. Hwang is a bit of a blunt instrument and far from polished but I think he's got the right mentality, he wants to get at people and make things happen.

Note for Cunha as well, first time I think I've really seen much of him tonight, really impressed with his strength at times and couple of great little turns when he's dropped really deep but immediately gets back on the front foot. Been a while since seen that in a Wolves player, for too long there have been too many who would only play the way they're facing without masses of time and space to make that transition.

I think people underestimate Hwang’s reading of how an attack is developing, too. He may as well be a blind pig defensively but he always takes up such great positions when there’s a gap to exploit.

I'd at least like to see Neto and Nunes swap wings from time to time during the game.

Record apology time today, they’ve already told O’Neil it should’ve been a penalty

Were they laughing their bollocks off as they said it? Absolute waste of time apologising immediately after the game.

But the pressure will be off him. Other players missed sitters tonight too
Yeah wasn’t just tonight though. Been a theme of his time here. Head and shoulders above anything we’ve got in the attacking third though.

Apparently PGMOL have spoken to O’Neil already and have apologised for that decision
What use is that now? Trouble is they're too fucking scared of the Sky 6 to actually give decisions against them. They may not be trying to be corrupt, but the end result is the same. The results are corrupted by the officials in favour of the big teams, season after season.

Apparently PGMOL have spoken to O’Neil already and have apologised for that decision
Not 'fit for purpose'.
Assume we get relegated (obvs we won't) by one point.
How much does that decision cost in money terms?

Back