• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Good start should have won. Warming to Fabio need a no 9 starting in front we have some good players but Sa gives me the shits

I thought it was exciting when both Cunha and Nunes piled out of defence with the ball and ran for 50 yards beating players on the way.
I know there was no one there to pick it up and score, but those bits were exciting.
Thought Semedo was exceptional and linked up with Neto really well Though I would like to see Neto on the left.
Fabio looked encouraging when he came on.
Thought Kilman did a decent job tonight mixed in with a few daft errors, but he saved a goal when the ball beat Sa and rattled off his legs, Great positioning though he's not great a long passes.
Lemina was immense in defence and overall I enjoyed watching this. All over United who were shite. Good, well worked goal, but the defence was all over the place.
Regarding the Pen (non pen) possibly not given because the ball had gone behind Sasa and another attacker by the time the keeper threw his arms around him, so he wasn't denying him a goalscoring opportunity....

Plenty of positives in that performance. Only concerns I had were

Sa still looks like a bomb scare - although wouldn’t blame him for the goal.

RAN can’t defend but great going forward. If we could combine him and bueno we’d have a good left back

Nunes goes from sublime to abysmal in a millisecond

Sarabia is technically great but isn’t quick enough based on what I’ve seen

We still can’t bloody score.

Semedo, lemina, Gomes (aside from pass first half) cunha (except finish) superb but big mention to Neto who looked the Neto of old until he gassed towards the end.

Fabio definitely offers something. Hell score 10+ personally if we start him.

Penalty - it’s blatant. Trying to work out how it’s not given. Only thing I can assume is because ball had gone - but that’s a bollocks take IMO.

It’s only one game, and this doesn’t mean GO will get performances like that every week, but the doom and gloom has hopefully been lifted abit.

Reactions: b3h
Kilman was shit tonight. Didn't jump for the ball at the end of the first half, didn't get out to the ball quick enough for the goal, and his distribution was cack.

His positioning was off and he was bailed out by Lemina and Dawson a half dozen times.

Other than that he was great.

I thought he was our worst outfield player by some distance. Sa was our worst player.

Last edited:
Good start should have won. Warming to Fabio need a no 9 starting in front we have some good players but Sa gives me the shits
I think I preferred this post when it said 'As gives me the shits'...

I understand GON is the sitting head coach but that performance was a continuation of the form shown in preseason.

For all the criticism levelled at JL, that was his team out there tonight. Full credit to JL and his staff for having this group of players looking so well drilled and so fit.

He's left us in good nick, even if Guo, Shi and the board have not.
Whilst you are correct GO could’ve easily gone is and tried to change everything.

Let’s just give credit where it’s due, and it was a decent performance

Sorry, forgot about your secret cameras at Compton…

I don’t see how anyone can’t give GON at least a crumb of credit for that
I'll give him a crumb. But I don't think the first ten games as I've seen mentioned should be the yardstick for assessing his tenure but rather the next ten games when you start to see his coaching and his ideas on the pitch.

Was quite pessimistic about tonight but I think we were better than ok but let's be honest they were not very good

Kilman was shit tonight. Didn't jump for the ball at the end of the first half, didn't get out to the ball quick enough for the goal, and his distribution was cack.

His positioning was off and he was bailed out by Lemina and Dawson a half dozen times.

Other than that he was great.

I thought he was out worst outfield player by some distance. Sa was out worst player.
Surprised you didn’t mention the moment he got beaten by Rashford in a standing jump in the second half. To think we couldn’t do better with £30m.

I'll give him a crumb. But I don't think the first ten games as I've seen mentioned should be the yardstick for assessing his tenure but rather the next ten games when you start to see his coaching and his ideas on the pitch.
I think this is a fair point. However, those (not saying you) who have rightly criticised the appointment due to the limited sample he has, also have to give him an ounce of credit by the same metric, surely

The good thing GON had made a great team spirit to show everybody we can compete...players were on fire from the start, got the pressing and attacking right while still have balance in the team..deserves some credit imo

Back